CC'ers spotted on the commute...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fimm

Veteran
Ravenbait, do you ever use the canal towpath? I passed a woman with a lot of red hair last night - I wondered if she could be you, but she was wearing a helmet and high vis, which I don't think is your usual practice.

Andrew_P

In between here and there
I do Merstham to Salfords but usually stick to the cycle paths unless I've decided to take my road bike. Hit the A23 in Redhill, but that's about it.

When on your road bike do you drop down the hill and join A23 just by the indian restaurant north of Merstham?

I hit Merstham around 7amish and go through Salfords and turn left to Smallfield.

I see a couple of friendly wvers going northbound at this time, but see another 4-5 who just stare which is a bit strange!

Didn't even know about the cycle paths!

Ravenbait

Someone's imaginary friend
Ravenbait, do you ever use the canal towpath? I passed a woman with a lot of red hair last night - I wondered if she could be you, but she was wearing a helmet and high vis, which I don't think is your usual practice.

No, wouldn't get me on the towpath! It's narrow and I might fall in!

I have been contemplating the towpath as a route to work if I ever get my running fitness up sufficiently to run, which I hope to at some point, but not for the bike.

For those looking out for the lesser spotted Ravenbait, I am currently riding Fingal, my black and silver Orbit Harrier, who sports Century tri bars, front and rear rack and generally a single black Ortlieb back roller classic on the offside. I have red hair, Rudy Project Sportsmask glasses (the Oakley Mag M-Frames have been retired)[sup]*[/sup], do not wear hi-viz and my head will be either unadorned or accessorised with a Buff or Buff Evo 2.

Sam

* Of which I was very glad last night when waiting at red lights near Murrayfield, as a scrote of the 7 - 8 year old variety, with big brother in tow, set off a party popper in my face before scarpering, slightly burning my cheek. Little gobsh!te. I should have ripped his arm off.

jonparr

Regular
When on your road bike do you drop down the hill and join A23 just by the indian restaurant north of Merstham?

I hit Merstham around 7amish and go through Salfords and turn left to Smallfield.

I see a couple of friendly wvers going northbound at this time, but see another 4-5 who just stare which is a bit strange!

Didn't even know about the cycle paths!

I start from South Merstham, so only go round there if I'm on the road bike and fancy doing a few hills! If you go through Merstham, you pick up the national cycle route 21 which takes you into the middle of Redhill on a very pleasant country side track, it is a bit longer (and muddier) but no cars!

7am bit early for me though!

I think I saw User1314 haring up to the lights at the bottom of Garratt Lane this morning, only for them to change to allow me to filter through, turning right from Broadway into Upper Tooting Road.

Touche, going in the opposite direction ... usually somewhere before or after Liberton Brae, depending on how early I manage to get out of the house.

Are you still reading CC, Touche? Haven't seen you on here for a while, only out on the road!

:hello:

T

I keep looking out, but have so far failed to spot you.

I once nearly got run off the road by scoosh in his car as I was going up Rodney St/Bellevue/Broughton St. Turns out he was just wanting to stop and have a chat.

Been off CC for a few months. No particular reason.

:hello:

Watt-O

Watt-o posing in Athens
Challenge: never overtaken on the A21 this year (Lewisham - Southend Lane turnoff section) - come on you fellow CCer's!!!

Adasta

Just chatted to Origamist on Clapham Road.

Sorry for almost swerving into you at 2mph. Must stop trying to look cool in front of the big kids.

martint235

Dog on a bike
Why do I never see anyone? Come on there are CCers in South East London, we must cross paths sooner or later!!!
wacko.gif
And I am fairly recognisable even on days I'm not wearing my FNRttC jersey!

Oh just remembered I did see Zigzag once.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Why do I never see anyone? Come on there are CCers in South East London, we must cross paths sooner or later!!!
wacko.gif
And I am fairly recognisable even on days I'm not wearing my FNRttC jersey!

Oh just remembered I did see Zigzag once.

I saw you once, on your way home.. but you didn't hear or see me as you were head down full steam ahead...(as bloody usual)

Top Bottom