CCrs.....unite against burglars.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tenkaykev

Guru
Where does it say the beans were from tins? Why not dried beans? :huh: They don't make a mess of the pocket!
Ah, but dried beans can be toxic if not boiled first. I suppose the burglar could have carried a small Primus stove, bottle of water and a saucepan, but a can opener and a tin of Kidney beans would be simpler and make for a faster get away. ( Tesco's beans for regular burgling , Waitrose if burgling a more affluent area )

JtB

Prepare a way for the Lord
Apparently 9 out of 10 burglars when questioned don’t spill the beans.

Profpointy

Legendary Member
I read recently that some of the popular makes of electric vehicle chargers were a security risk. They don’t have sufficiently secure password protection so they can be taken over by a thief with a phone parked in the street nearby. This in turn allows them to access your wifi and spoof sites where you would conduct financial transactions, so it looks to the householder that they are logging into their usual purchase site. The householder enters all their usual stuff, logon id, password, card number etc thereby making it all available to the thief.
And all this from a humble ev charger in your drive :eek:

that sounds like bollocks as well

Reactions: C R

Profpointy

Legendary Member
Read THIS! :whistle:

(That isn't about domestic charging, but I bet they are busy hacking away there too!)

Well, OK, but they could block the socket with chewing gum as well.

And if they hacked into thousands of chargers to cause some kind of denial of service attack - well, they could plug in a big spanner into each rather easier

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
If you have "remote" car keys, keep them in a biscuit tin in the house

classic33

Leg End Member
Ah, but dried beans can be toxic if not boiled first. I suppose the burglar could have carried a small Primus stove, bottle of water and a saucepan, but a can opener and a tin of Kidney beans would be simpler and make for a faster get away. ( Tesco's beans for regular burgling , Waitrose if burgling a more affluent area )
Would you eat the beans off the floor?

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
In my window cleaning days i saw many examples of 'come and burgle me'. One day i climbed over a wall to do the back windows and saw the kitchen door wide open. I'd been cleaning this house for years and never saw their kitchen door open as they were always at work when i called. When i went to collect the money off them i mentioned it to them. They said they'd left the door open while out at work for the day, because they'd shampooed their carpets and wanted them to dry quickly.:wacko:

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
My ex just told me that they've had little plastic windmills appearing in their back garden. Sounds like the beans trick again. If they come back and your windmill's still there then maybe you're on holiday.

Top Bottom