Central Heating - on yet?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I'm going to turn mine off soon. It's been on since 10 pm. I only put it on at night, when I sit down to read, or listen to the radio, post stuff on the internet etc. Before that I'm moving around my flat, doing domestic chores, so I don't feel cold enough to put it on. My flat is now at a temperature of 78 Fahrenheit/25.5 Celsius. When I wake up in the morning it's usually 60 Fahrenheit/15.5 Celsius.🧐

Last edited:
Funny things about the CH here - in th emorning I can come down and sit on the sofa doing whatever - and it the temperature is over about 16 degree then I feel fine
But in the evening I need it to be more like 19-20 to feel comfortable

which make a timer and thermostat rather useless - unless there is one around that can set different temperature at different times of the day

Alex321

Veteran
Funny things about the CH here - in th emorning I can come down and sit on the sofa doing whatever - and it the temperature is over about 16 degree then I feel fine

which make a timer and thermostat rather useless - unless there is one around that can set different temperature at different times of the day

Look for Nest thermostats.

They can all set different temperatures at different times. Some versions will learn from you setting it manually for a period.

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!

And humidity makes a huge difference.

Low humidity and 16C can feel fine. High humidity and 19C can feel very cool.

Slick

Guru

Wait until you discover hive heating, it will rock your world. :okay:

Sorry - I forgot to mention! We already owned jumpers, slippers and a range of short AND long-sleeved garments - these even cope with those tricky situations where one person feels a bit warmer than the others in the house. Perfect comfort is just a minor adjustment away; life is just bliss in our house! :highfive:

tyred

Legendary Member
I'm going to turn mine off soon. It's been on since 10 pm. I only put it on at night, when I sit down to read, or listen to the radio, post stuff on the internet etc. Before that I'm moving around my flat, doing domestic chores, so I don't feel cold enough to put it on. My flat is now at a temperature of 78 Fahrenheit/25.5 Celsius. When I wake up in the morning it's usually 60 Fahrenheit/15.5 Celsius.🧐

25.5 C :ohmy:

I would faint in that heat.

Top Bottom