Central Scotland May Ride

Route preference

• Falkirk 1 (36.6km)

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Falkrik 2 (42km and a bit more challenging)

• Trossachs (60km no big climbs)

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Noodley

Sorry to butt in chaps. Rather than reading 20 pages can anyone summarise details for me please. Where, when, etc. Maybe even update in the OP? If it's next weekend I might be able to pop along :biggrin: It's been a long time since I've been on my bike so I may be not very fast at all, but I'm fine riding on my own.

:biggrin: Hope to see you next Sunday 31st, we're starting around 11am from the Tesco Car Park next to Dunblane Station for a ride in the Trossachs
Noodley said:
Sorry to butt in chaps. Rather than reading 20 pages can anyone summarise details for me please. Where, when, etc. Maybe even update in the OP? If it's next weekend I might be able to pop along :tongue: It's been a long time since I've been on my bike so I may be not very fast at all, but I'm fine riding on my own.

Noodley

HLaB said:
:tongue: Hope to see you next Sunday 31st, we're starting around 11am from the Tesco Car Park next to Dunblane Station for a ride in the Trossachs

Thanks. Having consulted Mrs Noodley my diary I can confirm I shall be there :ohmy:

Looking forward to meeting everyone. I look exactly like my avatar BTW so easy to spot :biggrin:

How far is the ride? Is it the 60km?

Noodley

Okay, I've had a wee read of some earlier posts and looks like I'd be best to rake out my Tricross for this one rather than using my bike with 23mm tyres! More fettling to sort out....:smile:

Great Noodley. Look forward to meeting you!

I can tunr up with either my hybrid monster or my go-faster(TM) bike. The go-faster(TM) has 25mm tyres on it, so hopefully it will cope...;)

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
Noodley said:
Looking forward to meeting everyone. I look exactly like my avatar BTW so easy to spot :blush:

This is the truth.

I have met the man and he is JUST like his avatar :biggrin: It is truly amazing :smile:

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
magnatom said:
I can tunr up with either my hybrid monster or my go-faster(TM) bike. The go-faster(TM) has 25mm tyres on it, so hopefully it will cope...:blush:

Oh no, you can't :biggrin:

It HAS to be The go-faster(TM) :smile:

OP
OP
HJ

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
Noodley said:
Okay, I've had a wee read of some earlier posts and looks like I'd be best to rake out my Tricross for this one rather than using my bike with 23mm tyres! More fettling to sort out....:blush:

Having ridden the course with 25mm GatorSkins, I would go with the Tricross...

Not wanting to get ahead of myself here, but has anyone looked at the weather forecast for this Sunday (Trossachs ride).

;):biggrin::ohmy:

(I've gone and ruined it now, haven't I!)

Noodley

I don't bloody believe this! I've been struck down by the lurgy :wacko: Off to the docs tomorrow so hopefully a potion will be prescribed...but if I do make it I'll be even slower than slow if just recovered from lurgy :biggrin::biggrin:

Top Bottom