Chain Reaction Cycles...are they as rubish as they seem?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mushroomgodmat

Über Member
So on Tuesday morning I order just under £100 worth of goods, including a very important part that I need to get my bike back on the road I also pay an additional £10 for next day before 1pm delivery...

So Tuesday night I notice (once I log into the site) that my goods have not yet been shipped..so I phone them up, get some guy who assures me they will be posted out that night..

So Wednesday roles round...and no goods. I phone them up again, this time a woman on the phone tells me they are re-arranging the warehouse and one of the items Iv ordered needs to be "re-shelved" so it can be sent out. Says it should be all sorted today (Wednesday) and will be in the post probably that night.

So now its Thursday, and no goods, I log back into there site to be told its still not shipped, so I probably wont be getting it tomorrow aswell.

So that's now 3 days Iv had to use the car, and 3 days of parking, and here's the annoying thing...if they don't turn up by Saturday, because of my changing work load I wont be able to sort my bike out for an additional week, ill be about £35 down in parking and petrol.

I know its probably a minor issue, but its really pissed me off.

I use them regularly, never pay for 'super' delivery, and I've always received my stuff either next day or within 2 days.
Same goes for Wiggle, Ribble, SJS Cycles, High on Bikes, etc, etc, etc.

I've said it now though haven't I? I actually ordered a couple of bits last night from CRC, so we'll how it goes.

phil_hg_uk

I am not a member, I am a free man !!!!!!
I have had a similar experience with amazon it seems they have a black log because of the long bank holiday, although I have never had a problem with CRC. But I wouldnt bother with the priority despatch with CRC or wiggle it is a waste of money and I wouldnt order from them or ribble if I was in a hurry either.

Rob500

I know its probably a minor issue, but its really pissed me off.
Minor or not I can see why anyone would be annoyed. This is no excuse and it does nothing, unfortunately, to help your situation but Tuesday was a Public Holiday in NI and it's a fair bet to say that there wasn't a whole lot of parcel posting going on.

ian emmerson

I had the same problem after placing an order last week, which took 8 days to arrive despite the extra postage being paid

I've never paid for postage with online bike shops (Wiggle, CRC, PBK or Ribble) and touch wood my orders are normally there within 1-2 days of them processing the order and thats normally done the same day or the next. However, it occasionally takes longer if there's a stock issue; I find Wiggle are quite bad for saying bargains are in stock but a week or two later they get back to you and say it isn't.

akb

Veteran
I have recently ordered a load of bits, about £50s worth from CRC and have no issues. I did pay the extra for delivery to get them quicker which is, IMO, a waste of time. They did refund me though. I tend to stick with Wiggle for the freeby bags of Haribo ^_^

U

User482

I've used them for about 15 years, but recently I've found that their stock levels and delivery speed have both got worse.

guitarpete247

Just about surviving
I've not had a problem, either, with any of the sellers mentioned. But I've also not been wanting parts urgently, just waiting in anticipation for new toys. Usually get stuff in 2 working days.
Best response has been from Tenn or Cycle-Clothes. I've got stuff from them less than 24hrs from pm orders ^_^.

al-fresco

Growing older but not up...
My experience of CRC is that they were really quick - even with free delivery the stuff usually arrived within 1-2 days of placing the order. This seems to have slipped to 3-4 days recently.

Top Bottom