Chain Reaction Cycles...are they as rubish as they seem?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Well I definitely shot myself in the foot with post #2

Order placed 11/4, both items showing in stock, yet still nothing arrived as of today.

I actually emailed them 24 hours ago asking to cancel the order as my plans have changed anyway, and I've not even had any response from that.

When if the order does turn up I shall be taking full advantage of their free returns service.

I won't stop using them over this one issue, you have to keep things in perspective, but there is definitely something amiss at CRC right now, hopefully they will sort it for all a.s.a.p.

Sittingduck

Legendary Member
I have used them many times and think they are fab! I would think that if something is that crucial that you absolutely must have it within a day or so, probably better of going to an LBS and getting it. I have always received my goods from CRC quickly but I never choose anything other than the free post option. Normally have stuff within 2 or 3 days of placing the order.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
I have ordered some stuff from CRC today.
Be interesting to see how long it takes to be delivered.
Never had a problem with them myself. Though they have fallen down the list of preferred suppliers due to their prices being a little higher then others.

Update.
Ordered Sunday 5pm.
Delivered this morning.

Mike!

Guru
Ordered some tyres and mudguards for my new bike yesterday morning, next day delivery paid for and not been dispatched yet, both items showing in stock so not too impressed at present. Have order from them twice in the past without issue so something is amiss. Waiting for a response from them.....

bridgy

Legendary Member
Seems to be a pattern emerging here...

I've also used them before with no problems at all, but recently ordered a new seatclamp. Got the email confirming payment received and goods dispatched, but over a week later, nothing received. I phoned them and only then did they tell me the item had been returned to stock and NOT dispatched at all for some reason. I'd bought a setaclamp elsewhere by then, so asked for a refund.

To be fair they processed the refund promptly, but not very impressive really

Mike!

Guru
Just checked my bank and no money taken so at least that's something! If there was a mistake in the payment details they haven't contacted me.... wait and see i guess!

OP
OP
M

Mushroomgodmat

Über Member
OP here with a small update.

it would seem that one of the items that I ordered they themselves cancelled and refunded me the money for, I'm guessing it was this item that was keeping my order on hold. They have also refunded me the cost for next day delivery and apologised, they also given me a £5 voucher.

the time it took them from order to shipping was one week.

I still don't have the items, but they have been shipped, so hopefully they will be with me in a few days.

I'm still pissed off, but at least they got it sorted, not sure if Ill use them again, even with the £5 voucher.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Sounds like the OP needs a N+1 ! :hello:

To be honest, if I ever need something urgent, I'll go to a real bike shop, yes I pay a bit more, but I've got it. I use CRC, Wiggle, Parkers etc, and it's generally very prompt. Last time I did that, I'd bent my bars on my commuter (in a crash). Popped into a bike shop same day and came out with a much nicer set of bars, new bar tape and brake cables. Nothing like an 'necessary' upgrade :thumbsup:

A watched kettle always takes a long time to boil.^_^

I need some 'p' patches - realised I've got non in the tool box (I have ones in the kits I carry with me) - for the cost I'll pop into Decathlon tonight and maybe pick up some Pro Race 3's they have on offer for £19.99 each ! :whistle:

NormanD

Lunatic Asylum Escapee
Ordered new bearings and tools on the Monday morning and paid for next day delivery, they arrived Saturday afternoon from CRC ... not even responded to my email about repaying the next day delivery charge (£10) so posted another email off to them ... won't be using them ever again :headshake:

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
people should forget about paying for next day or urgent delivery with CRC, Wiggle and who ever else charges it. If it's in stock then it's delivered next day or day after more often then not.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Next day is pointless - what happens is you are at work, parcel arrives and goes back to depot. I never pay for next day. You need N+1 so you never need stuff urgently. You NEED to get into the habbit of buying the next required, absolutely necessary (the other one's worn out you tell the wife), upgrade in advance. :thumbsup:

musa

Über Member
I don't know what worse this or Decathlon where you must hours or a day or too to be told we have your items in stock before its dispatched?

Oh yeah why is it they never nothing in stock?

e-rider

crappy member
[QUOTE 1813031, member: 45"]My favourite online store is dotbike. Not the cheapest, but the personal service is second to none.[/quote]

"not the cheapest" is quite an understatement! Their prices are mental and often significantly higher than list price. I agree that they provide a nice service but so does the Hilton and I don't stay there!

CRC have definitely got slow recently. When they provided an almost 'next day' service for so many years, customers get upset when it slips to several days - still not bad really though; and it's free!

Top Bottom