Chain Reaction Cycles...are they as rubish as they seem?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Never had a problem.

There was a query that there database had been hacked at one point (as have most mail order companies)

The impressive thing was that they contacted me to say that there could be an issue, it was being investigated, but in the meanwhile watch the card I had used.

Not many companies do that!

OP
OP
M

Mushroomgodmat

Über Member
It's a shame they didn't call me about not being able to get me the items :sad:

Never had a problem.

There was a query that there database had been hacked at one point (as have most mail order companies)

The impressive thing was that they contacted me to say that there could be an issue, it was being investigated, but in the meanwhile watch the card I had used.

Not many companies do that!

T.M.H.N.E.T

Rainbows aren't just for world champions
Probably order backlog. They don't work weekends either so orders between 5pm Friday and Tuesday have to be accounted for.

<Still loving the fact I can just drive there and get stuff>

Noodley

I've never had a problem with CRC, and like others have never paid extra for delivery.
One learning point from this could be that if you need something quick then buy it locally!

steveoo

Used chain reaction once,no discount was applied when i ordered,emails went unanswered,phone calls answered with promises of sorting it out (never happened),Company i work for ordered £800.00 worth of gear for a display we are doing two weeks ago paid for next day delivery nothing came emails unanswered,phone call answer was "we will sort it" two days later go on line and THEY had cancelled the order.
ABSOLUTE CRAP.

e-rider

crappy member
something is wrong at CRC right now - a friend of mine has been waiting 10 days for an 'in stock' item to arrive

probably a combination of bank holidays and warehouse rearrangements

OP
OP
M

Mushroomgodmat

Über Member
I think I'll cancel it on Monday. Still not shipped, it really is piss poor. Iv ordered 100s of items over the years, often paying for next day, and with the exception of one item (where parcel force lost it for a few days) next day means next day.

Iv ordered about 6 items, if it's taking 10 days for your frend to get one item to arrive god knows how long it will take for 6 items.

As for the back hols, restocking etc...not a good enough excuse really. And had they told me on day of order that dilivery would take this long I would have either put up and shut up, or canceled my order there and then,

Not that it matters, but I'll be reviewing Chain Reaction on as many review sites as I can (as I normaly do with just about every online shop I use)

Should have stick with Wiggle :sad:

Doug.

Veteran
Used chain reaction once,no discount was applied when i ordered,emails went unanswered,phone calls answered with promises of sorting it out (never happened),Company i work for ordered £800.00 worth of gear for a display we are doing two weeks ago paid for next day delivery nothing came emails unanswered,phone call answer was "we will sort it" two days later go on line and THEY had cancelled the order.
ABSOLUTE CRAP.

I don't believe you.
Yours
Douglas

Doug.

Veteran
Have used C.R.C for about 6 years and never had any sort of problem.
Good merchandise,prices,staff attitude and the splendid free delivery.
If you have a problem "real or imagined" why not take it up with them,they don't bite and are very courteous and help full.
Excluding week ends and public holidays the parts I order usually arrive within 4 days (free delivery to France)
Yours
Douglas

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
I have ordered some stuff from CRC today.
Be interesting to see how long it takes to be delivered.
Never had a problem with them myself. Though they have fallen down the list of preferred suppliers due to their prices being a little higher then others.

soulful dog

Veteran
Apart from them being slow to respond to my first email with some questions when I was buying my bike from them, I've not had any problems with CRC. I just recently ordered a couple of small items from them and apart from them coming in a big box, again no issues.

Judderz

Not had any probs with CRC, I ordered a bottom bracket last Thursday afternoon, as I was having it sent to works address (we opted out of Saturday postal deliveries as no one here) and it turned up today. Always on time when I order stuff

Manonabike

Über Member
I had an issue with them a while back but it was sorted in the end.

I ordered a new wheel on the 7th of April and the order still appears in processing. I emailed them on Friday and yesterday they replied - there are not problems with your order but a delay.... very sorry.

My guess is that the bank holiday weekend + the £12 off = very busy indeed ^_^

Pauluk

I like CRC although I've not bought much from them yet and nothing I needed urgently. I particularly like how they send a return label with the packaging so you can send the thing straight back if you are not satisfied. I wish all online retailers would do this.

Top Bottom