Chain Reaction Cycles...are they as rubish as they seem?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

potsy

Rambler
My new wheels were ordered from CRC over the Easter holiday, and arrived Monday just gone.
So about a week during a busy time of year, they had a £15 voucher offer too, which they are doing again currently.
I'll continue to use them if the price is right, but like others have said, if you need it now then go to a bike shop :thumbsup:

Manonabike

Über Member
My new wheels were ordered from CRC over the Easter holiday, and arrived Monday just gone.
So about a week during a busy time of year, they had a £15 voucher offer too, which they are doing again currently.
I'll continue to use them if the price is right, but like others have said, if you need it now then go to a bike shop :thumbsup:

Aren't you lucky? ^_^ I ordered my wheel over the Easter holiday too and I'm still waiting for delivery.

BTW, wasn't the voucher "EGG" for £12 only and not £15?

style over speed

riding a f**king bike
Ordered on monday, with free delivery, arrived this morning with 2 free gels!

never had a problem with CRC and have ordered plenty from them.

musa

Über Member
"not the cheapest" is quite an understatement! Their prices are mental and often significantly higher than list price. I agree that they provide a nice service but so does the Hilton and I don't stay there!

CRC have definitely got slow recently. When they provided an almost 'next day' service for so many years, customers get upset when it slips to several days - still not bad really though; and it's free!

the advertising is certainly something else:ohmy:

PpPete

Legendary Member
Been a while since I ordered from them, but never had a delivery issue. They were very busy when I had warranty issue a while back - were taking nearly a week to look at emails, but a couple of phone calls sorted it.

Bizarrely the one supplier I've never had trouble with, despite ordering lots, cos they are often cheaper.... is Ribble. They used to have about the worst reputation in the industry !

I rarely buy from LBS .... but if I have to, a sharp intake of breath when he tells me the price, and tell him where has it in stock and how much .... the guy in there does his best to price match.

Scilly Suffolk

Über Member
As has already been said; if it absolutely must be, by all means necessary, on no account can it not be, it's a matter of life and death: then you need to be dealing with someone with whom you have a personal relationship.

CRC, Wiggle and (almost) all the rest don't give a flying fling about how much trade you've put their way because it's all about the margin (which is exactly the same basis on which you trade your loyalties between them).

Free gels? Vouchers? Do you really think you're not paying for these baubles?

1) I called around his house at 9pm for a cable.
2) He called to let me know that he'd "happened across" a 24mm seatpost, some three months after I casually mentioned I was after this 1980's Peugeot rarity.
3) I gave him a box of spares for his African bike recycling charity.

Items 1, 2 & 3 above are all related, but not to any on-line retailer.

Of course I don't buy everything from him, but I give him "first refusal" of my business and don't expect more from him than I am willing to offer in return.

Mike!

Guru
I went to 3 local bike shops, none of them had any full length mudguards for the size tyres I also wanted.

I paid for next day delivery as its a new bike and I want it sorted ASAP. Every single computer supplier I use for my work is able to despatch for next day without fail so bike stores should also be able to. Poor showing IMO

Still no answer to my delay so I'll be ringing tomorrow to try and get an answer, if only there was a cancel button in the account area!

Mike!

Guru
OK i got through on the phone eventually, no problem with my order but apparently they have a backlog in the warehouse due to a high volume of orders, my payment for next day delivery will be refunded (which is good!).

Just hope it's not much longer before they post :-(

Mike!

Guru
3 LBS and no mudguards that fit... what tyre size are they for - anything obscure?

No not really, 700c x 30, they had the smaller (up to 28c) but nothing else. Even the 2 local Halfrauds don't have anything other than the ones they do with stupid flowery patterns on them ^_^ Now wishing I'd have asked one of them to order some in but past orders on the internet has seen deliveries next day so didn't bother.....

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
No not really, 700c x 30, they had the smaller (up to 28c) but nothing else. Even the 2 local Halfrauds don't have anything other than the ones they do with stupid flowery patterns on them ^_^ Now wishing I'd have asked one of them to order some in but past orders on the internet has seen deliveries next day so didn't bother.....

CycleStore have what you need HERE
And CycleStore come highly recomended by my good self, always got a very good service and quick delivery from them...:thumbsup:

Top Bottom