1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Charge Spoon versus Brooks B17: Fight Time

Discussion in 'Components, Accessories and Clothing' started by jay clock, 29 Feb 2016.

Tags:
  1. Hardrock93

Hardrock93 Über Member

After trying the Spoon on an MTB, then a hybrid, I deemed it an instrument of torture and consigned it to a dusty shelf in the garage. Much later, I gave it one last chance on my 1980s road bike and it instantly redeemed itself. For me, it wasn't suited to an upright riding position, but is fine for a more stretched posture. Entirely down to personal preference.

2. outlash

outlash also available in orange

Obviously it's down to personal preference, but as a curveball, a Cambium?

3. You are correct.

But I wouldnt put most of those colours on any of my bikes.

4. Old jon

Old jon Veteran

Colour?? If you can see it when you are using it, you may be riding in a distinctive manner . . .

Brooks, FWIW

Drago and raleighnut like this.
  5. martint235

martint235 Dog on a bike

I've been thinking of getting a Cambium but I have concerns about it lowering the power I can put into the pedals if it's softer than I think.

6. so is there are colour missing you require? Most saddles don't seem to come in many colours (black, white, black and white mostly) so it seems a strange criticism. All brooks come in black, and I don't think you would want a white leather saddle. I certainly wouldn't.

7. martint235

martint235 Dog on a bike

Out of interest, is there anyone who's had a Charge Spoon and didn't like it?

8. Drago

Drago Guru

Me. A couple of riders I know. Conversely, I also know people who love them. It all hinges on them topography of one's bottom.

9. raleighnut

raleighnut Guru

Not even one of these
    [​IMG]

:wub:

10. I did say MOST colours. My Brooks is black.

Drago likes this.
  11. I'm a woman. So, no.

12. FrankCrank

FrankCrank Professional layabout

Got this beauty waiting to go on something I'm building. Not sure if comfy, more for the look really........
    Saddle.JPG

steveindenmark likes this.
  13. outlash

outlash also available in orange

Is it a fork lift truck you're building? It looks rather substantial

14. jiberjaber

jiberjaber Senior Member

Wider the saddle the more comfy on an upright posture, so I would have thought the B17 would be more comfortable for an upright ride compared to the charge spoon, though as someone has already mentioned, what suits one bum might not suit another......

15. MikeW-71

MikeW-71 Veteran

It's no softer than any regular saddle. Get a test one if you can.

I'm another that didn't fully get on with a Spoon. It was fine for 20 miles, but got progressively less comfortable after that.