Charge Spoon versus Brooks B17: Fight Time

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Hardrock93

Guru
After trying the Spoon on an MTB, then a hybrid, I deemed it an instrument of torture and consigned it to a dusty shelf in the garage. Much later, I gave it one last chance on my 1980s road bike and it instantly redeemed itself. For me, it wasn't suited to an upright riding position, but is fine for a more stretched posture. Entirely down to personal preference.

outlash

also available in orange
Obviously it's down to personal preference, but as a curveball, a Cambium?

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
Which saddles have more colour choices?
b17-standard-New-Colors.jpg
You are correct.

But I wouldnt put most of those colours on any of my bikes.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
so is there are colour missing you require? Most saddles don't seem to come in many colours (black, white, black and white mostly) so it seems a strange criticism. All brooks come in black, and I don't think you would want a white leather saddle. I certainly wouldn't.
Not even one of these

:wub:

jiberjaber

Veteran
Wider the saddle the more comfy on an upright posture, so I would have thought the B17 would be more comfortable for an upright ride compared to the charge spoon, though as someone has already mentioned, what suits one bum might not suit another......

MikeW-71

Veteran
I've been thinking of getting a Cambium but I have concerns about it lowering the power I can put into the pedals if it's softer than I think.
It's no softer than any regular saddle. Get a test one if you can.

I'm another that didn't fully get on with a Spoon. It was fine for 20 miles, but got progressively less comfortable after that.

Top Bottom