charity shop bargains

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

IDMark2

Dodgy Aerial
The morning after we had 'won' a new-with-labels one on Ebay for £30.00 I found a Tilley hat in an Air Ambulance shop for £3.00. I have two Tilley hats.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Come to Orpington, there are 12 charity shops in the high street alone.

upload_2015-10-29_9-48-17.png

mybike

Grumblin at Garmin on the Granny Gear
I used to collect glass, and found one or two nice signed pieces in charity shops. I also used to look out for Bakelite and bought a Morse tapper for 20p, which turned out to be from a Lancaster bomber and fetched £30 when I downsized my collection some years later.

You'd be surprised at how much morse keys go for on eBay.

Hyslop

Veteran
Best Ive ever seen(though didnt buy!!)was an outboard motor in a charity shop in Wimbledon!Here we are inundated with Hospice shops,or as a friend of mine put it"middle class tat at middle class prices for the impoverished middle class".This from a man who only buys at John Lewis,but stil. resembles Compos scruffy brother,

MissTillyFlop

Evil communist dictator, lover of gerbils & Pope.
Over the years have bought a Vivienne Westwood t-shirt for £3 (sold for £50), a versace kilt for £4 (still have it) an All Saints top for £3.50 (still have that too) and recently some records, which were not of huge monetary value but I have enjoyed them a lot.

Top Bottom