Chat Zone for The Big Big Trip Journal!

Hi Frank, Amazing trip so far. Got talking to Josine & Jeroen about you trip. Temporary stranded in Mexico but living life pure and at it’s fullest. Comparerd to my mini sabbatical in NZ and Perth last year for 3 months in 2019 your trip/travel is epic. I enjoy reading your posts and love the pics. Take care, safe travels and greetings from Fluffy (Tilburg Aussie) and Mrs. Fluffy
Hola Señor y Señora Fluffy! ^_^
Only saw this today so apologies for the late reply.

Thanks for blowing my anonymity^_^ Guess I'll have to stay here now😄

I highly recommend México as a place to visit. The most important thing to pack is time. This is not a place to rush through. By pure dumb luck I seem to have landed in the best place to see out this pandemic.

You may also be interested in this recent NZ blog https://www.cyclechat.net/threads/meandering-around-te-ika-a-māui-new-zealands-north-island-in-early-2020.259907/

Great to hear from you, glad you're enjoying the adventure and tell everyone (well, nearly everyone^_^) I said "Hola".

IaninSheffield

Über Member
He mentioned Coyoacán and I told him of my near drug-like addiction.
Catching up with the BBC World Service Witness History podcasts the other day and there was one on Frida Kahlo. What a force of nature she seemed to be, especially given the difficult circumstances with which she lived.

Catching up with the BBC World Service Witness History podcasts the other day and there was one on Frida Kahlo. What a force of nature she seemed to be, especially given the difficult circumstances with which she lived.
Indeed! A most interesting character, much beloved in a country where a lot of what she represented in her art and her life are anathema to the main religion.
Her museum in the house in which she lived reopened just last week! I'll be paying a visit most likely next week.
Her famous "Blue House" is a pilgrimage for a lot of artists and fans of her work, but if I'm honest, it's not even the most interesting building on the street, never mind the area ^_^

When I'm finished there, I might pop in to the Leon Trotsky museum and learn a bit more about one of her affairs ^_^

Top Bottom