Chat Zone for The Big Big Trip Journal!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
Oh No :ohmy: – they missed a golden opportunity ! How cool would it have been to have the 3 sides showing the same inside figure, from the 3 different perspectives ? :thumbsup: ^_^
I'm sorry I can't follow your train of thought here.
Ah – to explain...
The first picture shows a lady viewed from her right side.
Walking round the tower to the left, the second and third could have shown her from her back and from her left side, as if she were actually sitting inside the tower and one is viewing through windows. :scratch:
Yes ??? :thumbsup:

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
This is a regular house's crib!
Complete with water feature, I believe ! :bravo:
and the toilet was in a old UK phonebox.
I hope old enough not to have windows all round ... :whistle:
:giggle:
- made from three cassettes! She proudly explained to me what they were, "for music" she added helpfully making me feel very, very old!^_^
au contraire – cassettes are back in for the trendy bands these days ! Yeah, I've no idea why either - there's a reason cd's took over... :thumbsup:

cwskas

Über Member
I complimented her on the theme, told her I loved the menu and got very excited when the napkin holder arrived on the table - made from three cassettes! She proudly explained to me what they were, "for music" she added helpfully making me feel very, very old!^_^
:laugh:
I pulled up a stranger in a strange town and in minutes I'm chatting and laughing and joking with the locals. Touring head locked on!
Small town Colombia - it's feckin' great!
I had no idea where I was going to sleep but I knew I was home. Small town Colombia - it's feckin' great!
I'm back on the road and it feels great!
I really enjoyed these last few posts, your descriptions brought me right in.

Street art in Yumbo. There was something very bright and vivid that stopped me in my tracks and mafe me take out the camera for the first time.
This mural stopped me in my tracks too. Fantastic colours and combos. I wonder if it feel smore vibrant because it was finished only 3 months ago and so has not had time to fade from weathering.
Also like the porthole window being used for the chameleon's eye.

these days recieves about three million pilgrims annually.

As it turned out that queue at the Basilica was for a painting of Christ, reputed to have miracle granting qualities. Thanks Wikipedia!
I thought you knew this ahead of time, which is why you specifically visited Buga, seeing you have a penchant for pilgrimage towns!
When you eventually arrive in España, you could take detour to Lourdes, where your fondness for religious tat will be overwhelmed!

I wonder if it feel smore vibrant because it was finished only 3 months ago and so has not had time to fade from weathering.
You're just showing off now :laugh:
Also like the porthole window being used for the chameleon's eye
They do this kind of thing all the time. Walls are imperfect surfaces and electrical boxes etc. are often camouflaged
I thought you knew this ahead of time, which is why you specifically visited Buga
Not a clue! I just knew it was pretty.
you could take detour to Lourdes,
Hell no!!^_^

Great photos, as usual! Not at all important,I would love to see the old and new front brakes! Just to show how much travelling the bike as done. In fact we do need more close-up bike photos
You didn't think of asking when I had some time off and WiFi?:laugh::laugh:

Give me a day or two and I'll post up some pics. You won't be seeing much!

Roccado's about 25 years young but I bought new brakes a couple of years before I left so that I could take the old ones apart and learn how the darn things work😊 The replaced brakes aren't actually that old.

The weld is all but invisible.

I can show you my nail polish topups though! 😊

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
There's little to this little town outside of the Plaza - if all I do is look. But if I feel? I feel comfortable, welcome.
Interesting observation and great to be so relaxed – means you can get the very best out of each place. :thumbsup:
The "Welcome to San Pedro" sign proudly (if a tad optimistically) declares "Where dreams are born".
... though, hopefully not just dreams of "getting out of here' ! :ohmy:
A process that seemed incredibly complicated and stressful, potentially dangerous and just generally a PITA a couple of weeks ago in a tiny, dingy room in Rosas had come to an end as I stepped out into bright sunshine in another small town.
I'm not advocating getting bitten by a dog when you go away but I got to see parts of Colombia that tourists don't often get to see. And I quite enjoyed it.
You appear to have developed an extremely useful skill of turning adversity into triumph ! :bravo: :wahhey: :notworthy:
Even with a dogbite and potential rabies infection Colombia still has me feeling comfortable.
I went for a coffee and just sat thinking about what a lucky fecker I am.
... and gratitude is a wonderful thing. :thumbsup:

Interesting observation and great to be so relaxed – means you can get the very best out of each place. :thumbsup:
These days I think that if I was anymore laid back I'd fall over in a heap😊

... and gratitude is a wonderful thing.
I was very fortunate once to meet a woman who gave me a simple bit of advice; sit down at the end of the day and make a list of all that happened that I'm grateful for.

It took me a while to give it a shot but it has turned out to be excellent advice. It's now a well established habit and I feel so much better for it.

IaninSheffield

Veteran

Scoosh

Velocouchiste
La Paila had an original sign
Cheapskates !! :laugh:. ... but it's mobile ! :okay:
When I told him where I was going after Ríosucio - an adventurous road shall we say - my choice today didn't seem quite so mad. ^_^
It's all relative ! :laugh:
Then two, but soon to be five, ten year olds on bikes came over ...
Building very strong legs already ! :bicycle::bicycle:
That GCN Colombian backpacking video that I referenced in the Chat thread
I watched that t'other day – and thought of how much they were missing by dashing through and being time-constrained !
Your way of being totally immersed in the country and culture is much more to my liking. :hugs:
What a camping spot!!! (Taken the next morning)
:eek: (as in 'incredible, amazing, on top of this world !) – just :eek: ! :wahhey:
... but an evening like this is why I carry what I do. I could camp. I could feed myself. I could make coffee and share it. I could be comfortable. I could relax.
Now that is contentment ... within and without. Zen, almost :laugh:

IaninSheffield

Veteran
The light sputtered, waxing and waning as if in a battle with shyness to push through the cloud then became more confident, strode cockily through the cloud and spread its warmth.
The vivid green peaks leaked downwards, the sun bringing life, colour and warmth to the valley, eventually to the valley floor itself
You sir are no mere wordsmith. Way beyond literary journeyman.
'Gran maestro de palabras' perhaps?

Top Bottom