Cheese appropriation.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
We get our cheese from here.

View attachment 702693

I source my cheese.

So do I. Love Cheddar with a bit of spicy mango chutney on it.

Cheese and spice go well together. My favourite mix is a nice cheddar with pataks extra strong lime pickle. There's an extra strong one that only gets sold in Indian supermarkets and food shops. That's nice with cheese but if not one near you then supermarkets sell the standard like pickle.

Currently I've found nice spicy pickled peppers. They're spicy hot but there's a kind of sweet pickle vinegar and oil they're in. That's spicy and sweet but seems to be nice with cheese. I might be the only one to think this but to me it's nice.

OP
OP
Cycleops

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Cheese and spice go well together. My favourite mix is a nice cheddar with pataks extra strong lime pickle. There's an extra strong one that only gets sold in Indian supermarkets and food shops. That's nice with cheese but if not one near you then supermarkets sell the standard like pickle.

Currently I've found nice spicy pickled peppers. They're spicy hot but there's a kind of sweet pickle vinegar and oil they're in. That's spicy and sweet but seems to be nice with cheese. I might be the only one to think this but to me it's nice.
Lime pickle is very easy to make yourself. I'm not very keen but my wife loves it.
As for pickled peppers when I went to get some Peter Piper had already picked a peck of it.

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
During 2020 I spent nearly six months in NZ.
We landed just as they sealed their borders, and that was that till August.
NZ desperately needs to have a word with itself about cheese. I mean, seriously...
I'd have killed for a decent mature Cheddar. Or a decent anything, for that matter.
Last Christmas, I rocked up at Auckland with a pound of a reasonably everyday Stilton.
And lo! I had the best cheese in NZ that day. By quite some margin.

Tenkaykev

Guru
During 2020 I spent nearly six months in NZ.
We landed just as they sealed their borders, and that was that till August.
NZ desperately needs to have a word with itself about cheese. I mean, seriously...
I'd have killed for a decent mature Cheddar. Or a decent anything, for that matter.
Last Christmas, I rocked up at Auckland with a pound of a reasonably everyday Stilton.
And lo! I had the best cheese in NZ that day. By quite some margin.

That's got me thinking. I do love Halloumi, the popularity of it meant that there weren't enough Sheep/ Goats milk to meet demand so they started to adulterate it using Cows milk. It's also no longer region protected so there's a load of " Halloumi style" versions of very dubious quality. I was wondering if NZ with all its sheep makes a more authentic version, could become a lucrative export market.

Top Bottom