Children and adults with no bike lights

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Last night i drove Mrs Accy and a couple of her friends to a restaurant for a works get together. I must've passed or should i say narrowly avoided 10 or so unlit bikes.Children riding on the wrong side of the road acting clever waving their arms at oncoming cars. I also had the "Jesus you nearly hit him" from Mrs Accy as i saw an unlit idiot at the last second. I don't break the speed limit,i drive most times as if i'm taking my test,but these idiots are taking the pee! A police car passed one unlit "cyclist" and didn't stop to have word with him/her. Surely the rule states no lights no ride on public highways in the dark!

Angry Blonde

Über Member
Absolute fools, i narrowly avoid a few in my wagon, to be fair i saw a kitted up to the hilt roadie the other morning, in stupidly dense fog, without a single light

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
Not forgetting the affect on law abiding cyclists who have to dodge these idiots! Hitting one in your car is bad enough but at least they'll come off worse. If two cyclists collide then both get hurt!

And at least one of them needs to get their guide dog's eyes tested.

Last edited:

ComedyPilot

Secret Lemonade Drinker
I saw a ninja yesterday morning about 06:20hrs. I passed him going into the village of Etton. No lights whatsoever - but....I saw him.

I passed him safely with no danger to him, me or anyone else.

Let's not let a ninja's minor illegal riding be used as a tool for excusing poor motoring standards. Everyone can see cycles/vehicles with lights, but it takes EXTRA care to look for the unexpected - and it is that extra care that is missing when collisions occur.

Last edited:
Top Bottom