Children and adults with no bike lights

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
Was he wearing hi-viz? :ph34r:
not even a helmet!

And if you fined them for having no lights the out cry would be “police state”

Exactly

We had a local newspaper article where Police clamped down

Something like 40% of taxis and 20% of other vehicles were found to have seroius issues

10% were bad enough to be taken off the road

The problem was that this was heavy handed and the "correct" method was a quiet word. Rather than issuing improvement notices and fines

Yet more persecution by the Police in their war on the motorist

Trees. They don't have lights. Or hedges. And I haven't hit one yet. Must be witchcraft.

But they are dangerous

The A3 had a line of Maples which had to be cut down despite a historic and sentimental value

Despite being s good 8' from the carriageway they were deemed a hazard to vehicles

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Exactly

We had a local newspaper article where Police clamped down

10% were bad enough to be taken off the road
The problem was that this was heavy handed and the "correct" method was a quiet word. Rather than issuing improvement notices and fines
I'm sure the guy who smacked into another car with only one light because he thought it was a bike or motorbike wouldn't have thought it was "correct".

ComedyPilot

Secret Lemonade Drinker
I'm sure the guy who smacked into another car with only one light because he thought it was a bike or motorbike wouldn't have thought it was "correct".
Not sure I understand....

If a car is close enough to hit a car with a light out 'thinking it was a bike/motorbike' then IMO it was too close if it HAD been a bike/motorbike.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Maybe we should all drive about with one light then.

Dan B

Disengaged member

If a car is close enough to hit a car with a light out 'thinking it was a bike/motorbike' then IMO it was too close if it HAD been a bike/motorbike.

Yes but that's not the point. The point is it's OK to hit them if it had been a bike/motorbike. Bunch of Lycra Louts/Power Rangers [delete as applicable], roads are dangerous places and they shouldn't be there if they can't cope

snorri

Legendary Member
Despite being s good 8' from the carriageway they were deemed a hazard to vehicles
I think you are talking about Intelligent trees which are indeed dangerous.
We had some in my area which could detect fast moving cars and by some powerful force not yet fully understood could divert vehicles off roads, usually at sweeping bends, and cause them to collide with the base of the tree. These trees were dangerous, they had no lights, no hazard warning tape, no hi-viz, they had to go.

Top Bottom