Christmas day rides

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
The last time i went on a Christmas Day ride was in 1966, when i got a new bike, with stabilisers :okay:

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
Slinging down with rain and blowing a gale in Denmark and so I am staying in. This is actually our Boxing Day as we have Christmas on the eve of the 24th. I got out yesterday for 20km in lovely sunshine for the first time in ages. Suddenly, it turned foul and all my wet weather gear was on my other bike. I cut my ride short and headed home.

I dont mind riding in the rain but after weeks of it you would think you had earned enough credit to have a days ride in the sun.

I didnt feel bad about bailing as I know that I can ride in bad weather and I had other Chistmassy things to get on with. Like finding another bike :0)

Brandane

Legendary Member
I'm actually still harbouring faint hopes of doing it, given that Santa is bringing me a set of front Ortlieb panniers to match the rear ones I already have, so that's the carrying capacity sorted. The wind should be mostly in my favour as they live north of me. I'll do a weather check on it early doors, but I'm not building up my hopes.

Edit.... Not to mention the 50+ mph gusts forecast for the return on boxing day, and they WON'T be in the favourable direction. At least Scotrail is an option on boxing day.
Update ... It's not nice out there; car keys in hand. :rolleyes:

Brandane

Legendary Member
A brave decision, know you won't regret it. Enjoy your day, the bike will still be waiting for you when you get back.
Yep, it's the sensible decision! The weather is forecast to settle down a bit from Tuesday, if still a bit breezy. I don't "do" New Year these days, so hope to make up some miles then.

Slick

Guru
I'm the exact same. It's the calm before the storm here and I would have liked nothing better than a quick blast on the bike to set me up for the day but the weather is just not playing ball, so a morning chilling for me and back at when the wind calms to a typhoon.

Top Bottom