Citroen Berlingos.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Adam4868

Adam4868

Guru
Well bit the bullet and purchased a 2012 with 130,000 miles on it...last of the big spenders😁
No service history so I guess I'm going to get the water pump and belt done.Service it aswell.On the whole seems to drive ok,more importantly partner likes it.Only one key aswell so I better look at getting a spare and a fob.Sods law that'll get lost.

Nibor

Bewildered
enjoy seeing over th walls when driving in the countryside

Bromptonaut

Rohan Man
We're on our second diesel Berlingo Multispace - the car version. Both were bought new, the first in 2005 and second in 2013.

#1 in 2005 had a non turbo indirect injection engine, the last knockings of Peugeot/Citroen's ground breaking XUD unit. Acceleration wasn't going to win any prizes but once you'd got to 70 it was as quick as anything on the road and was quite happy to cruise all day at 110 kph on fully laden camping trips to France. Could carry the same load as a Xantia estate while being considerably shorter. Took all four of us as far south as the Costa Brava and, on a different holiday up to the Butt of Lewis. Lasted to 150k miles when we got rid as nobody seemed able to sort out a problem with steering being stiff.

#2 bought in 2013 is a 1.6/115PS turbo diesel. Less imaginative in internal storage than the first but tows our wee caravan with considerable elan and has got to 125k miles with 100% reliability; first car I've had that's never been flat bedded home. Still on original exhaust and clutch. Only repairs needed outside of service and consumables have been a seized rear brake caliper and an issue with the device that pumps an additive for the DPF into the fuel tank.

Both were carefully serviced at the required intervals and the basic suck, squeeze bang blow bit of their engines never hesitated.

Would happily run a third but (a) cars are now electric only and (b) there a issues with towing capacity/Gross Train Weight for any caravan bigger than the current wee Elddis.

Chap sur le velo

Über Member
Sorry haven't read all thread, but

Until I sold the business 4 years ago we had a fleet of them as DIESEL vans with front seats only. We all liked driving them and I loved the reliability and economy.

Only downside. About a decade ago we flew to Havana. Two hours messing around trying to change money, then a 5 hour drive to Trinidad - a lovely small Cuban resort. Travelled in the back of a Berlingo and could hardly move for next few days after. To be fair I've always had back problems and it had been a very long day. But be wary of the back seats.

OP
OP
Adam4868

Adam4868

Guru
Sorry haven't read all thread, but

Until I sold the business 4 years ago we had a fleet of them as DIESEL vans with front seats only. We all liked driving them and I loved the reliability and economy.

Only downside. About a decade ago we flew to Havana. Two hours messing around trying to change money, then a 5 hour drive to Trinidad - a lovely small Cuban resort. Travelled in the back of a Berlingo and could hardly move for next few days after. To be fair I've always had back problems and it had been a very long day. But be wary of the back seats.
I'm thinking more Through of Bowland half hour away rather than Trinidad 😁

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
For what purpose?!!🤔😍🤔😍

I really, really don't want to know how he knows that one ...

But tonight he had two track bikes, spare wheels, a set of rollers, a maintenance stand and a whole load of kit bags in there. A much more effective use from this parent's perspective.

Jameshow

Veteran
I really, really don't want to know how he knows that one ...

But tonight he had two track bikes, spare wheels, a set of rollers, a maintenance stand and a whole load of kit bags in there. A much more effective use from this parent's perspective.

A childhood memory was driving home with my dad from Reading track via A+E at well past midnight having broken my collar bone and being stopped by the police for having a collection of bikes in the pugeot 505!!🤣🤣🤣happy days!!

OP
OP
Adam4868

Adam4868

Guru
Ok so I bought a Berlingo...2012.In the process of making it a mini camper of sorts.Some pics of work in progress,just need partner to pull he finger out and do the bed/cushions etc.Reasonable size in the back when flat.
IMG_20230330_173417676.jpg

IMG_20230330_173723786_HDR.jpg

IMG_20230330_174140524_HDR.jpg

IMG_20230330_174233618_HDR.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20230330_174245912_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20230330_174245912_HDR.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_20230330_173730190.jpg
    IMG_20230330_173730190.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 2
Top Bottom