Classic youtube replies

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Crankarm

Guru
What I find funny is when we are accused of having no life because we go around filming traffic all day :rolleyes:

Offender of one clip shows their eloquence...

Would they intentionally intimidate you: yes.
Would they intentionally run you over: no.

Most videos come from towns and cities anyway...

You sure about this?
Re-read my post. The clue is "rural routes" ie non urban areas.

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
I've seen a few vehicles a day/weeks/months after an incident. They somehow drive completely differently and keep quite.

Crankarm

Guru
Think about it logically Crankers. Theres a checklist that has to be done before they can run you over:

-is the rider on the same bike
-same place
-same time
-same clothes

Add in that inner city riding you're just a face in the crowd (esp in places like Cambridge) and as DrS says most people couldnt live with the guilt if they did actually hit you (even if they're f***ing moronic). It probably isnt going to happen.

Go back and read my post. I hope you are more observant on your bike than you have been reading my post. In cities ie urban areas not much liklihood of seeing the moton again. Plus there would hopefully be a few witnesses / CCTV. BUT rural ie isolated routes a totally different story. Self preservation is the aim. Posting footage of incidents on your route is going to give any one watching including nutters an indication of the routes you usually ride. If you commute to and from an outlying rural area to an urban area there is a strong likellihood you ride that route EVERYDAY so would be easy to find. For this reason I would be reluctant to post footage that may further put my safety at risk from deranged loons. It is all very well posting footage and shaming motons, but would it necessarily end there for all motons? Would the embarrassment of being publicly shamed be the end of it for them? Maybe, maybe not.

What makes you so sure a lunatic moton wouldn't run a cyclist down when the red mist comes down? Have you done a survey to suggest how likely or unlikely it would be? How do you account for the significant level of aggression displayed by many motons, not least between themselves, the large number of collisions and fatalities and the underlying attitude that "if it's slower, in my way, and holding me up I try and force it out the way or off the road"?

You are very trusting to think that a moton wouldn't run a cyclist down if the red mist were to come down.

Remember this case? Although it was ALLEGED the cyclist damaged the wing mirror of the moton's car, what ever happened the cyclist paid with his life. http://www.coventryt...92746-23432533/

http://www.dailymail...ing-mirror.html

From my experience of regular road riding a small but significant number of motons wouldn't think twice about running down and killing a cyclist then if caught lying through their teeth to avoid any charges, prosecution or conviction.

Crankarm

Guru
I've seen a few vehicles a day/weeks/months after an incident. They somehow drive completely differently and keep quite.

I think most motons have the memory of a gold fish. Particularly so in urban areas where there is a lot of traffic and so many interactions between all types of road users. Many cyclists, a few days pass and they will have forgotten the cyclist or their memory will be hazy so if they did see you again they would not likely remember it was actually you. Plus don't forget I'm talking about the small but significant number of deranged psychopaths not your average moton who gets a bit annoyed then reflects on how stupid they were which could have resulted in the injury of the cyclist or indeed death, their arrest and prosecution etc ....... I mean the real nutters who really would ......... deliberately drive into or over you.

Jaguar

I would be reluctant to post footage that may further put my safety at risk from deranged loons.
That's if they see the footage, and if they could remember which cyclist shot the film ... and if they did attack you, could they be sure they wouldn't appear on film again?

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
:wacko: Crankers - you're oversimplifying in a slightly paranoid way. What you need is a local ride-buddy to get your confidence back, mate. :smile:

taxing

I had a driver pull in beside me at a traffic light (we weren't even moving!) and use the self-gratification artist sign.

So sent the video to the Company and complained about inappropriate sexual behavior by their driver. Also asked for a copy of their Equality and Diversity policy as I was an equal rights campaigner for Gay rights and wished to make a formal complaint about sexual harrassment.

Got a wonderful grovelling reply!

This is BRILLIANT.

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
I think most motons have the memory of a gold fish. Particularly so in urban areas where there is a lot of traffic and so many interactions between all types of road users. Many cyclists, a few days pass and they will have forgotten the cyclist or their memory will be hazy so if they did see you again they would not likely remember it was actually you. Plus don't forget I'm talking about the small but significant number of deranged psychopaths not your average moton who gets a bit annoyed then reflects on how stupid they were which could have resulted in the injury of the cyclist or indeed death, their arrest and prosecution etc ....... I mean the real nutters who really would ......... deliberately drive into or over you.

I wouldn't disagree and i do feel like your self slightly, my bike setup with carradice saddle bag and lights are very unique.
Most drivers would recognise who i am if they come up behind me.

You sure about this?
Re-read my post. The clue is "rural routes" ie non urban areas.

I know exactly what you said.

My point was most people that film are in cities - thus this "rural route" problem isn't a problem.

Most people on rural routes most likely feel any kind of need for a camera so the amount of videos shot/caught on these routes are much less.

Yes - there is a risk but realistically it's not a problem - I already know all the people I am going to see day to day as it is, maybe they should be the ones worrying that I will be the one waiting next time they are along that way? ;)

Crankarm

Guru
I know exactly what you said.

My point was most people that film are in cities - thus this "rural route" problem isn't a problem.

Most people on rural routes most likely feel any kind of need for a camera so the amount of videos shot/caught on these routes are much less.

Yes - there is a risk but realistically it's not a problem -
I already know all the people I am going to see day to day as it is, maybe they should be the ones worrying that I will be the one waiting next time they are along that way? ;)

You are clearly a city rider so wouldn't know anything about commuting from a rural area .................:rolleyes: .

You are clearly a city rider so wouldn't know anything about commuting from a rural area .................:rolleyes: .

You are clearly and obviously wrong... stop guessing it, might make you look stupid...

I don't live in a city.
I don't live in a town.
I don't live in a village.

I do at most 1 mile through a small town where my work is in my 10mile+ commute... the rest is rural as a cows arse.

Top Bottom