Classic youtube replies

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

benb

Evidence based cyclist
I have just had my cherry popped on my new you tube channel. I have just had my very first anti-cyclist comment. Not offensive but still a bit anti cyclist though.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4uma21nx7gY&feature=plcp

"He didn't pull out on you. He used the other lane. I can't see your problem. And aswell if he had of waited for you to pass, he would have been stuck behind you and getting stuck behind a bike is a fate worse than death!"

Can anyone suggest a witty response to this please?

As comments go, it's pretty tame.

I can sort of see what they mean, in that the van didn't pull into your lane, but did a sort of combined pull out and overtake at the same time. Still pretty crap driving, as there was too much going on to effectively concentrate, but not the worst pull out I have seen.

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
As comments go, it's pretty tame.

I can sort of see what they mean, in that the van didn't pull into your lane, but did a sort of combined pull out and overtake at the same time. Still pretty crap driving, as there was too much going on to effectively concentrate, but not the worst pull out I have seen.

Realistically you have to look at it this way. It was a parallel turn, something advised against in the Highway Code. It also leads to the cyclist wondering if this van will be in their path, a newer cyclist might not handle it so well (like the guy at work the other week who told me he ended up over the handlebars when he panic-braked). Another problem with that pull-out is how it is on a bend, for a period he is driving on the wrong side of the road - its safer for him at the very least to wait and pull behind and get out of the contraflow lane.

Thats my opinion. Bad driving, whilst it didnt necessarily cut across the rider has potentials in other ways

Andy_R

Hard of hearing..I said Herd of Herring..oh FFS..
I have just had my cherry popped on my new you tube channel. I have just had my very first anti-cyclist comment. Not offensive but still a bit anti cyclist though.

"He didn't pull out on you. He used the other lane. I can't see your problem. And aswell if he had of waited for you to pass, he would have been stuck behind you and getting stuck behind a bike is a fate worse than death!"

a suitable response "well, if he is stuck behind me, he can see what cycling has done for my backside. What about yours lardy boy, does it wipe out your footprints when you walk along the beach?" should suffice methinks.

benb

Evidence based cyclist
Realistically you have to look at it this way. It was a parallel turn, something advised against in the Highway Code. It also leads to the cyclist wondering if this van will be in their path, a newer cyclist might not handle it so well (like the guy at work the other week who told me he ended up over the handlebars when he panic-braked). Another problem with that pull-out is how it is on a bend, for a period he is driving on the wrong side of the road - its safer for him at the very least to wait and pull behind and get out of the contraflow lane.

Thats my opinion. Bad driving, whilst it didnt necessarily cut across the rider has potentials in other ways

I agree with all of that. The driving was crap, no question, just marginally less crap than a full-on SMIDSY.

Miquel In De Rain

No Longer Posting

Don't bother.

Bassjunkieuk

Veteran
Just got this on here:

1. get a car
2. theres a cycle lane for a reason, STAY IN THE DAM THING
3. stop complaing
4. 0 yeah? 0 is the amount of farks i give for cyclests
5. use the farking pavment
6. dont go " it was the cars falt " get of the road !
7. u tell me to watch my drving on the road? ill slap u head in my door then run over you bike.
8. get a lift and stop making these stupid viedos thank you :smile:

And my reply, using EVERY character I could :-)
1. Have one, choose not to use it when I'll mostly sit still
2. Don't have to, cycles can use any bit of the road they want.
3. I'll stop complaining when drivers stop taking risks with my safety.
4. ?
5. That would be illegal, same as if a car used the pavement.
6. In the majority of accidents the blame generally lies with the motorist. As for second point see no. 5
7. Threats on public forums aren't very clever.
8. I get my lift by using my bike, despite the videos I make I do really enjoy it.

I had to avoid having a pop at the terrible spelling, didn't want to seem like a bully.

Oh dear, I have just had my first very nasty personal comment on you tube. Sorry cant link it as I am using the phone.
So check my you tube site. It's the vid of the lady in the black seat on the phone.

Matthew_T

"Young and Ex-whippet"
Oh dear, I have just had my first very nasty personal comment on you tube. Sorry cant link it as I am using the phone.
So check my you tube site. It's the vid of the lady in the black seat on the phone.
I will link it for you.
Are you some kind of serial complainer or something? What are you bitching over, the driver did not endanger you. You're just a nasty, vindictive little snitch, with all the charm and social grace of a pubic louse. It's a pity nobody was filming you when you where flying through red lights, riding on the kirb and kicking woman in the stomach. Cyclists are a farking menace. Normal people should be allowed to shoot them for fun..
gerrrrrrrtcha 9 hours ago

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZf0P4pB6HQ&feature=plcp

Bengarbage

Gotta laugh at comments like this....

"why don't you be a real man and learn to drive and buy a f***ing car instead of riding around on a bicycle like a little bitch. what kind of grown man rides a bike to get to and from his destination. you're a joke, a poor b****** that can't afford a car. grow a pair of balls why don't you. there are 17 year old kids driving cars with more money and self respect than you."

had this at work, untill I pointed out to said corsa driving apprentice my bike was worth twice his car hehe

veloevol

Evo Lucas
I had to allow this comment from a recent video:

"For once I think the policeman was in the right, cyclists are danger on the road and should be banned in central London.
Also bikes are for kids not adults."

Davidsw8

I've disabled comments on my videos for approval by me only. My videos aren't really open for debate, they're just to show what's going on and occasionally to refer RoadSafe to.

Also, the only comments I was getting ranged from negative to downright disturbing... If I wanted to waste my time debating with trolls, I'd find the nearest bridge to sit under :laugh:

Bassjunkieuk

Veteran
I had to allow this comment from a recent video:

"For once I think the policeman was in the right, cyclists are danger on the road and should be banned in central London.
Also bikes are for kids not adults."
Ha!

I'm sure he misses the point then when the idiots who race their cars around the street are call BOYracers ;-)
Think that is also indicative of part of the cycling image problem, bikes are still viewed as toys and not a valid way to get around.

Top Bottom