clip on light for lezyne saddle bag

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

runner

Guru
silly question but I cannot seem to find a clip on light for the lezyne road caddy I have just purchased...if you look at this clip (at approx 50 seconds in ) it recommends a lezyne clip on light but I can't seem to find on the web...any ideas or recommendations?

View: https://youtu.be/y-vb099C6is

Jenkins

Legendary Member
I think that's the original version of the Lezyne KTV Drive
Lezyne-front-and-rear-light-630x419.jpg

13 rider

Guru
I would imagine most topeak rear lights and most others would come with a fitting to just clip on . I have some cheap halfords lights and the rear does just clip on a loop on my topeak rack bag . The halfords website doesn't make it clear which fitting each light comes with . Probably best visit a shop so you can check out fitting .

andrew_s

Legendary Member
Lights clipped onto luggage are pretty much always aimed badly, so you want a light that's bright over a large angle.
Lights that are "chip on board" with multiple bare LEDs (i.e. not encased in clear plastic domes) are best, such as these Planet X clones of the Moon Comet. The Moon Nebula is even better if you are feeling flush, or Aldi sell their clone again.

(note that the 130 lumens quoted for the Planet X is for the white front version - you don't get as many lumens for the same power with red light as the eye isn't so sensitive to it)

The Smart style of light is very directional, and will be much less bright to following traffic that it looks in the hand unless it's solidly mounted, to allow proper aim.

U

User32269

A word of warning, EVERY light I have ever attached to my saddle pack has fallen off and broke! Use cable ties or rubber bands, no matter how secure it feels at first!

lpretro1

I use one of these - very bright and recharges via USB. and it doe NOT drop off the clip is very tight and strong

Top Bottom