Clothing Choices for the Middle Aged

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
It still exists. I bought a coat there last year .. somewhere in Germany (can't remember the name off hand :smile: )
I've seen them in France but, according to this site (http://www.c-and-a.com/uk/en/corporate/company/about-ca/stores/locations/), Germany has 470 stores. Looking at their logo just now I was surprised to see how much it resembled an oval chainwheel.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
I'm no Tarzan physique nor fashion guru but...Gap chinos or similar for work with a half decent shirt. DM's or decent Loafers.
Chinos also good for casual/hols so very useful. Polo shirts for non-work occasions from cheap to Fred Perry and a fee dec nt wool jumpers.
I have 1 pr proper trousers and Ted Baker blazer for smart and agree that a pair of Loakes or similar are a good investment.
Tesco jeans are remarkably good too.
Otherwise I tend to wear shorts all the time when not working from Ted Baker, Vans, various 'go-outdoors' types too.
Vans sneakers or similar cover a range of occasions.
Most if the time I share the 'man at Millets' look with fleeces etc and a pair of walking shoes from the likes of Decathlon and GO.

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
I went to Burnley this afternoon for a medical assessment, Now i thought there were some scruffy people in Accrington, but Burnley shocked me! The typical middle aged person there seems to wear the scruffiest clothes they can find and they all seem to have a fag hanging out their mouth and an elbow crutch on their arm!:ohmy:
Staying at the Holiday Inn in Burnley next Saturday as we have a wedding nearby in the afternoon. Don't intend to visit the town though.

Hugh Manatee

Veteran
Doesn't matter what clothes I wear. They might be cheap or expensive. I still manage to look like a half filled sack of onions tied in the middle with a piece of tatty baler twine.

Such is my genetic lot.

postman

Legendary Member
My attire is M&S jeans.Debenhams trousers on offer.Polo shirts from Sports Direct.No crew neck t shirts,it seems i have a 'chicken neck'.WHITE socks.Primark boxers.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
IMG_6739.JPG
IMG_7027.JPG
IMG_7028.JPG

The oldest swinger in town....

Top Bottom