Come on then: which films make you cry?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

slowwww

Veteran
I was 'forced' to sit thru Truly Madly Deeply years ago by a previous girlfriend while still in the first flush of romance. Was trying to be macho but by the end my eyes looked like they'd been sprayed with CS gas and I had to feign an outbreak of conjunctivitis

colly

Re member eR
Any of the Death Wish films. :stop:

Edwards80

Über Member
Don't cry at films.

I guess the closest must be during Bambi when the mother gets shot. I said "That's nice, we now know that the hunters family will be eating well tonight" and I got a slap from the then girlfriend (who happened to be vegetarian).

It was a stinger.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
million dollar baby - heartbreaking

yup, that one had me in floods for the final half hour... great film, but i have no plans to watch it again.

i would list more, but the list would be too long, and possibly too embarrassing (has anybody else cried at Back to The Future III?)

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
[Bambi cartoon] Ha ha! I especially liked 'Mary Newland, produced by Mr. and Mrs. Newland'! ^_^

I used to say shout out "Mint sauce!" on walks with my then tiny stepdaughter every time we saw lambs in the fields 'on the tops'. Her little voice would mimic me - "Mint sauce! Mint sauce!" Her mum just used to glare at me ... (We were all vegetarians at the time.)

This went on for a couple of years until finally, stepsprog looked up at me and asked "What's mint sauce, Colin?" I explained what it was and she looked shocked, turned to her mum and said "Mummy, is it true what Colin said, that horrible people are going to eat those lovely little lambs!" Oh dear - it really didn't go down well! (The lamb and mint sauce probably would have done, but we didn't eat that kind of thing! :smile:)

VamP

Banned
Bridges of Madison County - the bit where they're sat at the traffic lights, with Clint Eastwood indicating right, and Meryl Streep's husband indicating left. The same theme as explored in On Green Dolphin Street (Sebastian Faulks novel) - of giving up your one chance at having the love of your life and sacrificing it for the notion of duty to your family - to devastating effect in both instances. I cried and I cried, and I couldn't stop :cry:

Davywalnuts

Chief Kebab Taster
Big Fish
Philadelphia
Schindlers List
Forest Gump
Pan's Labyrinth
Up

Nothing wrong with being a grown man and having a blubber..

Top Bottom