Come on then: which films make you cry?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

brokenflipflop

Veteran
MUM, THE GUARDIAN READERS ARE GANGING UP ON ME AGAIN AND THEY SAID THAT THEY'RE DEAD CONFIDENT AND THAT I'LL NEVER FIT IN.........WILL I FIT IN MUM, WILL I ?

MUM

MUM

MUM

MUUUUUUM

MUUUUUUUUUUUM !

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
Protesting too much BFF, bet you used to blub like a gurl at stuff like Little House on The Prairie or The Waltons.

brokenflipflop

Veteran
The only thing I remember about Little House on the Prairie was Nellie Olsen was fit ! and Laura Ingles mum was fit too ! and Laura Ingles sister was fit !....until she went blind of course...then she was no good to noone !

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
The only thing I remember about Little House on the Prairie was Nellie Olsen was fit ! and Laura Ingles mum was fit too ! and Laura Ingles sister was fit !....until she went blind of course...then she was no good to noone !

:cry: ...and then her husband got his sight back and realised for the first time that he hadn't married a minger "bingo!"

Thinking of LHOTP... anybody seen Switchblade Sisters?

brokenflipflop

Veteran
Like this young lad you mean....bloody poof !

tumblr_lz1qgdTZgb1rp5yl8o1_500.png

Bicycle

I fear I've got grit in my eye while watching quite a few films, including the bit where ET "comes back to life".

Most of the time it makes perfect sense to me... but the bit when John Wayne rides into Robert Duvall's gang in True Grit?

Why on Earth would that make a bit of grit fly up into my eye so it watered?

Is this some bizarre male response to comic-book heroism, harking back to an ancestor who watched his pals setting about a herd of mammoth in the clearing below... or something?

Wonderful film, but why would one feel the need to cry?

PS I haven't seen the new one, but everyone tells me I must. So I will. One day.

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
Most of the time it makes perfect sense to me... but the bit when John Wayne rides into Robert Duvall's gang in True Grit?

Wonderful film, but why would one feel the need to cry?

PS I haven't seen the new one, but everyone tells me I must. So I will. One day.

Remake's good but the original is better and more true to the book.

brokenflipflop

Veteran
I've watched Ratatouille a few times cos that French Chef bird in it is fit but by far the best film I've ever seen is Ice Age 3 - special effects were brilliant.

Happy Feet was crap....dancing penguins! never seen owt like it in me life.

Cabaret! definitely. Brazil. Off the top of my head... Charlie Chaplin films, Gallipoli, Grapes of Wrath, Little Miss Sunshine. Documentaries...Fourteen Days in May.

All about Edward Earl Johnson, innocent as one could be. I saw that when I was about 15 and it had a profound effect on me. Definitely one of the hardest hitting documentaries of the 1980s.

The Grapes of Wrath is my favourite novel and has had a massive influence on me too.

Top Bottom