Commuting - Rucksack Choices

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dhd.evans

Veteran
I recently binned my trusty Aldi rucksack after it finally started to come apart and replaced it with another special buy one I had kicking around. Unfortunately, the new one is a bit rubbish. It's tiny and barely fits my towel and work kit.

Anyway, i'm now in the market for a newer, better rucksack. One that could (at a push) fit a towel, pair of shoes, work kit and potentially my laptop.

Anyone got any recommendations?

Spiderweb

Not So Special One
828B158F-AE0D-4C5C-9C84-33D207E103B7.jpeg
I have a Polaris Aquanought, it’s excellent.
https://www.gooutdoors.co.uk/159190...MIra2B7O3A4wIVAbDtCh06cgZREAQYASABEgIyoPD_BwE

Apparently these Lomo dry bags are very similar and only £29.99.
https://www.lomo.co.uk/acatalog/drybag-daypack.html#SID=116

Leaway2

Lycrist
I have a Vaude. It has a mesh and an air gap between your back and the pack to stop the sweaty back syndrome. It has little plastic "clips" that your helmet straps slot into so the helmet hangs on the back. It also has a pull out rain cover.
Edit: can not find it on their site though!
Edit2: this is it
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Vaude-Rucksäcke-Splash-Rucksack-Hydro/dp/B01LY84YGJ/ref=asc_df_B01LY84YGJ/?tag=googshopuk-21&linkCode=df0&hvadid=341145103353&hvpos=1o1&hvnetw=g&hvrand=2266753106899712276&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9046451&hvtargid=pla-325539747789&psc=1&th=1&psc=1

Last edited:

Smudge

Veteran
I haven't any personal experience of Lomo products, but their panniers have had a bit of a bad rep on the motorcycle forums i use. With seams splitting and general poor quality.
So from what i've read, I wouldn't trust their stuff for carrying something as expensive as a laptop.

icowden

Veteran
Another vote for Osprey. I have the Momentum 32 - rooms for shoes, laptop, tablet, change of clothes, waterproofs, wash stuff, pens notebook etc. Really tough and long lasting too. Although pricey.

How much did you want to spend (or how little)?

OP
OP
dhd.evans

dhd.evans

Veteran
Another vote for Osprey. I have the Momentum 32 - rooms for shoes, laptop, tablet, change of clothes, waterproofs, wash stuff, pens notebook etc. Really tough and long lasting too. Although pricey.

How much did you want to spend (or how little)?

Ach, i'm a bang for buck kind of guy - if the quality is there i'll plump up price. That said, if i could get away with spending £30-40 for something that fits then i will. If i have to up and over that then i expect to be getting absolutely premium quality gear!

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
I’m sure Timbuck 2 do rucksacks ? I only say this because I use one of their messenger bags and it’s decent quality but not cheap.
Osprey seem quite decent as well, I always say you pay for what you get !! Up to a point of course ;-)

jay clock

Massive member
May be this is the wrong answer but I had to ride 3 miles to work on a spare bike last winter with a rucksack and had a sopping wet back in seconds. I would always avoid anything on my back

Top Bottom