Condor Gran Fondo titanium

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
U

User169

[QUOTE 4852984, member: 43827"]Disappointment!

The bike was handed in by a local employer as it had been "abandoned" in their bike storage area for six months and had notices put on it that it would be scrapped if not claimed. Given the value of the bike it has been decided to give them back the bike to see if more effort could be made to trace the owner. We would not like to see such a distinctive bike be the subject of some dispute if the owner does eventually turn up, or see it ridden by someone else.

The correct decision, even though it was just the right size for me. :sad:[/QUOTE]

Pretty amazing someone would leave a bike like that in a storage place for so long.

OP
OP
vickster

vickster

Legendary Member
There's one for sale on eBay...not too far away, great spec, great price :hyper:
...and it's too bloody big for me :cry::cry::cry::banghead::banghead::banghead:

I spoke to the seller and unfortunately, it's not a 56cm as they say, according to the measurements they gave me, it's a 57cm model (I need the 55cm framesize)

So if there's anyone out there who's around 6'2, fill your boots :ninja:

The quest for the titanium holy grail continues :crazy:

Just an update on the post I made on this thread four years ago before leaving and then rejoining.

The Gran Fondo that was donated to us was eventually reclaimed by the owner. She had gone on extended maternity leave and left the bike in the office storage shed. On going back to pick it up when she felt ready to start riding again she was panic-stricken to find it gone until her admin department told her we had it. She was one very relieved woman when she collected it.

OP
OP
vickster

vickster

Legendary Member
I predict turquoise bar tape and some nice bright Hope hubs to match.^_^
I’ve already got the tape :laugh:
(Not turquoise)

Just an update on the post I made on this thread four years ago before leaving and then rejoining.

The Gran Fondo that was donated to us was eventually reclaimed by the owner. She had gone on extended maternity leave and left the bike in the office storage shed. On going back to pick it up when she felt ready to start riding again she was panic-stricken to find it gone until her admin department told her we had it. She was one very relieved woman when she collected it.
Whaaaaaaaat ? Who would think it a good idea to leave a nice bike like that in a bike shed anywhere ?
She's a bit too trusting.

Top Bottom