Condor Gran Fondo titanium

Discussion in 'Bikes and Buying Advice - What Bike?' started by vickster, 23 May 2015.

1. Onyer

Onyer Senior Member

Where are you?

2. OP
    OP
    vickster

vickster Legendary Member

What size is it? :smile:

3. queasyrider

queasyrider Still perplexed

All will be revealed once it has been decided what is happening to it. :whistle:

There are checks to make on it first.

vickster likes this.
  4. queasyrider

Disappointment!

The bike was handed in by a local employer as it had been "abandoned" in their bike storage area for six months and had notices put on it that it would be scrapped if not claimed. Given the value of the bike it has been decided to give them back the bike to see if more effort could be made to trace the owner. We would not like to see such a distinctive bike be the subject of some dispute if the owner does eventually turn up, or see it ridden by someone else.

The correct decision, even though it was just the right size for me. :sad:

DP likes this.
  5. DP

DP Chasse patate

Pretty amazing someone would leave a bike like that in a storage place for so long.

6. queasyrider

The donors did not want the bike back but we hung on to the bike and did not sell it because we had misgivings.

Lucky, because last week they got in touch with us to say that an employee who had been on extended maternity leave had returned, and was upset to find her Condor was missing. We gave it back.

I think we would have been justified in selling it, but in the end did the right thing by hanging on to it

DP, Jenkins, vickster and 1 other person like this.
  7. Liz Su

Liz Su Über Member

Very honest and nice of you. I would have thought thats the lady even if she was on maternity leave would have arranged for the bike to be brought home whilst not at work.

8. OP
    OP
    vickster

vickster Legendary Member

There's one for sale on eBay...not too far away, great spec, great price :hyper:
    ...and it's too bloody big for me :cry::cry::cry::banghead::banghead::banghead:

I spoke to the seller and unfortunately, it's not a 56cm as they say, according to the measurements they gave me, it's a 57cm model (I need the 55cm framesize)

So if there's anyone out there who's around 6'2, fill your boots :ninja:

The quest for the titanium holy grail continues :crazy:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice