Condor Gran Fondo titanium

Discussion in 'Bikes and Buying Advice - What Bike?' started by vickster, 23 May 2015.

1. StuAff

StuAff Silencing his legs regularly

Also from Kinesis, the Tripster ATR has been updated, new version available from late May- through-axle (front and back I think), internal cable routing, three bottle cage fittings, will fit 40mm tyres with mudguards or 43mm without. I'd have been happy with the current version I'm sure, if I'd gone for one instead of the Litespeed, but even more so with that spec. Through-axles are worth having on a disc bike, the guys at my LBS are firmly in favour and judging by my mileage so far I'd have to agree.

2. It's only available in 53cm, and according to the size guide, that's a little to small for you.

Perfect for me :hyper:(just kidding. though it is my size)

3. OP
    OP
    vickster

vickster Legendary Member

Except they only do a 53cm and a 58cm so a 53 would be the right one for me ;)

Don't you ride a 51cm?

4. OP
    OP
    vickster

5. outlash

outlash also available in orange

Oh yes :smile:. I'd be thinking about what Kidney I can Ebay for that if I didn't acquire a Fratello disc a couple of weeks ago.

6. OP
    OP
    vickster

7. outlash

Looks nice, if I wasn't stuck on having rack/mudguard mounts and discs on my bikes than I'd be seriously interested.

8. OP
    OP
    vickster

Yeah discs would be good but will add quite a cost

9. outlash

D'you think? I'm not complaining, it's making the decision easy for me :smile:.

10. OP
    OP
    vickster

Limits the choice to a couple of brands it seems. None of which I'm very keen on throwing £3k or more at

11. outlash

True. TBH since I bought my Fratello disc, I wonder just how much more Ti gives you over a decent steel frame. Something you already have with your Genesis. For £3k, you could go with a custom steel frame.

12. OP
    OP
    vickster

Ti is the one material (other than that silly bamboo) that I've not tried. Tbh I doubt I'll buy one (unless a condor frame comes up in the right size), as ultimately I have enough bikes, just like looking at them though :biggrin:

13. outlash

Bamboo. I like a bike someone can't set fire to.

14. deptfordmarmoset

deptfordmarmoset Full time tea drinker

outlash likes this.
  15. OP
    OP
    vickster

Ooh I missed that one! Need that injury claim to pay out this decade!!

deptfordmarmoset likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice