Condor Gran Fondo titanium

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Ti bikes tested in this months BikesEtc;Kinesis wins it but this looks good;

http://www.jlaverack.co.uk/choose-your-j-ack/

J.ACK 1 was the one tested.

OP
OP
vickster

vickster

Legendary Member
Anyone got experience of either the Kinesis Ti disc frame or the Genesis Equilbrium Ti Disc (although I don't think I want another Genesis equilibrium, it would feel like cheating on my beloved copper steelie)?

goody

Veteran
Mates replacement for a cracked Van Nic frame.
Van_Nicholas.jpg

Moped pulled out in front of this one.

Anyone got experience of either the Kinesis Ti disc frame or the Genesis Equilbrium Ti Disc (although I don't think I want another Genesis equilibrium, it would feel like cheating on my beloved copper steelie)?
My main bike is the Kinesis Ti (but caliphers) frame wise I love it. Not really much to say about it but its a very comfortable bike and I love sprinting on it, its just so smooth.

Onyer

Just come back from the London Bike Show and had a look at the Kinesis. A lovely Ti bike with tidy welds and the tapered head tube looks great. Other Tis I have seen with tapered head tubes don't seem to look right but Kinesis have done a good job.
However the new Boardman Ti bike caught my eye, and it has a fancy paint job as well. https://www.boardmanbikes.com/products/296-ti-9.4.html

OP
OP
vickster

vickster

Legendary Member
Way too expensive :smile: PBK had the Kinesis frame at around £1200 which is why it caught my eye

Need to do more research around SRAM disc brake options before I do anything though

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Wet weather browsing has led me to this http://www.damianharriscycles.co.uk/prod/rac_0025_da/dawes-3ima-ti-2015-road-bike

Any thoughts on the spec for the money? I'm not very up on disc brake options. I'm not sure I like the paint job versus bare Ti but then I'm not sure I don't! And the price is quite attractive when most disc brake Ti frames are about the same
I have that exact drivetrain on my Litespeed. Top-notch stuff (well, apart from DuraAce/Red, obv....).

OP
OP
vickster

vickster

Legendary Member
Thanks, it's the same gearing as my roadbikes, just I usually go for SRAM as I struggle to brake from Shimano hoods due to the shape. Can you add cross top brake levers with hydraulic discs?

StuAff

Thanks, it's the same gearing as my roadbikes, just I usually go for SRAM as I struggle to brake from Shimano hoods due to the shape. Can you add cross top brake levers with hydraulic discs?
I'd have thought not, no solution crops up on Google. The hydraulic mechanisms are all in the shifters, so I can't imagine that there would be enough capacity/power for two sets of levers, regardless of manufacturer.

OP
OP
vickster

vickster

Legendary Member
I'd have thought not, no solution crops up on Google. The hydraulic mechanisms are all in the shifters, so I can't imagine that there would be enough capacity/power for two sets of levers, regardless of manufacturer.
Right thanks, definitely something to consider. I can't easily stop a bike from Shimano hoods which is quite important! :wacko:

StuAff

Also from Kinesis, the Tripster ATR has been updated, new version available from late May- through-axle (front and back I think), internal cable routing, three bottle cage fittings, will fit 40mm tyres with mudguards or 43mm without. I'd have been happy with the current version I'm sure, if I'd gone for one instead of the Litespeed, but even more so with that spec. Through-axles are worth having on a disc bike, the guys at my LBS are firmly in favour and judging by my mileage so far I'd have to agree.

Top Bottom