Cool Apps for Mobile Phones

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
There seems to be a billion apps (iPhone and Android) out there at the moment, some will be worth having but loads will be rubbish.

I have four on my phone :biggrin:

My favourite, at the moment, is 'paper toss' - you have to flick a ball of paper into a waste bin but there's a desk fan to blow the paper off course, so wind speed and direction need to be taken into account. Serious stuff!

Are there any others that should be considered? They don't necessarily have to serve a purpose - looking good or just fun is often good enough!

OP
OP
threebikesmcginty

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
long-wait-755872.jpg

Debian

xx(

Difficult though isn't it? What one person likes, another hates.

The only apps on my phone are "useful" geeky ones, no games or anything like that.

rusky

CC Addict
maybe rename the thread What apps are on your phone?

I've got an Android phone, Shopsavvy is geeky & useful, light sabre is... well! File explorer is good, GPS speedo, RMaps (shows sustrans routes). Wavesecure allows you to wipe & lock down your phone if you loose it or its nicked.

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
The company i work for has an app... 3,000 something downloads in a month with zero marketing. we start our marketing campaign in a few weeks so will be interesting to see how it does after that.

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
On my S60 Phone;

Nokia Sportstracker (free GPS based bike computer/pedometer, etc etc)
Gravity (Twitter Client)
Nokia Internet Radio
Timer

TBH, I use most of the space on the phone for music & podcasts.

The N97 Mini comes loaded with lots, although I've not really had a proper look at them.

I got a blackberry for my recent upgrade in the hope that it would be all work and no play thus distracting me less than an android phone would when I was supposed to be working. Now I wish I had more interesting apps available to me, nevermind. Sometimes you just can't win.

PaulSB

Legendary Member
I have MotionX-GPS on my iPhone and find it excellent for mapping rides etc. I like the upload to Facebook feature as this means those interested will be able to keep track of my LeJog this summer. Cost around £5 compared with £000s for a Garmin and as far as I can tell, I'm not a techie, does the same job.

There do seem to be a lot of pretty useless apps though, I guess it depends what interestsyou?

Top Bottom