Cordless Tools

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Chromatic

Legendary Member
All my cordless tools are DeWalt.

cosmicbike

Perhaps This One.....
Been Dewalt for years, they have gone downhill in the last few years, so next time I'll be looking at Makita if I'm feeling flush. That said, been using some Titan stuff recently and it seems pretty decent for the price. I'd go for Festool but I'm not that rich.

newts

Veteran
Tried most makes over tha last 30 years & Dewalt/Elu have always been good batteries & reliable.
My first cordless drill in 1984 was AEG 7.2v, you could stir a cup of tea with it & then have to charge it for 24 hours:wacko:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Your cordless tools aren't as good as this one I have. The ultimate cordless tool.

I win.:laugh:

JhnBssll

Veteran
I've got a combination of B&D, Bosch green DIY and Bosch blue Pro stuff. I'm a design engineer for Bosch powertools though, the B&D stuff I own is a hangover from my pre-Bosch days :laugh: It still works so I haven't felt the need to replace it yet. Anything new I get is now Bosch, largely because I have a cupboard full of 18V & 36V Bosch batteries that I've amassed over the last decadebut also because it's genuinely good kit and from what I've seen they look after customers if it goes wrong. Pretty impressive what some of the new blue 18V ProCore cordless stuff is capable of :okay::becool:

gbb

Legendary Member
I have ben a Makita man for years, however if I am getting a new tool that I think I won't use much then I step down and get whatever is on offer with great trade reviews, such as Titan.
We have a 240v Titan SDS drill at work. £50 on offer at the time was utterly ridiculous, if it lasted a year it was good value. As it is, it's still with us, it doesn't get used every week, let alone day but putting down 16 mm holes in concrete , it copes very well. Very good value if value is what you want.

keithmac

Guru
I've had my Dewalt 18v lithium combi drill for 15 years and still going strong, seen a fair bit of action!.

Gtech Lawnmower 2.0 and Hedge Trimmer 3.0 are great bits of kit too.

Gone over to Milwaulkee at work, M12 cordless ratchets (1/4 and 3/8th), will probably end up with their 3/8th impact gun if the Snap-on dies (to be fair that's done 16 years or more? and still going).

The Milwaulkee M12 is a massive range, might end up with some of their kit at home too.

OP
OP
J

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Sue Me
Got myself some new bits as mine are starting to wear out

Attachments

• IMG-20201129-WA0002.jpeg
    IMG-20201129-WA0002.jpeg
    132.1 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG-20201129-WA0000.jpeg
    IMG-20201129-WA0000.jpeg
    134.2 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG-20201129-WA0004.jpeg
    IMG-20201129-WA0004.jpeg
    130.1 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG-20201129-WA0006.jpeg
    IMG-20201129-WA0006.jpeg
    135.6 KB · Views: 9

gbb

Legendary Member
Not at home but we use almost exclusively Makita cordless. We have 4 drills, 2x 4 inch grinders, a jigsaw, circular saw, impact wrench, they get proper workshop use and tbf, we have replaced 2x drills and 2x grinders over the nearly 3 years we have been there with a team of around 10 in the dept.
We had a couple Milwaukee drills, one failed quite quickly, our boss thought they were good to use but we seem to have settled longer term with Makita.

Top Bottom