Votes: 57 21.2%
  • I've been quaranteened

Votes: 19 7.1%
  • I personally know someone who has been diagnosed

Votes: 71 26.4%
  • Clear as far as I know

Votes: 150 55.8%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
You look ok there accy. Can we see one with the mask on ?
I've just received an email from the seller. The mask should be here either tomorrow or on Monday. I'm wondering where to wear it on its first outing? Maybe a queue in a bank would go down well!:whistle: ;)

tom73

Guru
Really? Any type of inhaler?
It's not a question of want but of need.

I'm not sure which one's but if they are on the right Schedule that covers pharmacy only sale which don't require a script then yes.
Normal Ventolin is on the list. Quite a few things can be sold if the pharmacist is happy to sell you it.
Though you have to pay the full price.
On a side note they will also do POM meds if the script is from a vet if they are happy to do it. But again you have to pay full drug price.

Dave7

Legendary Member
Better yet: 'Applaud the carers'?
Mrs Poacher proved to be a dab hand on the cow bell, usually reserved for cycle races, and I rooted out the disused Airzound for the start and end of the applause.
Must admit I cocked up.
Bear in mind we live in a fairly big house and spend most of our time in the conservatory at the back.
So......at 2100 we went to the front to show our support :wacko: Oops.
We have 3 neighbours who are NHS workers. A midwife and 2 hospital Doctors so we did want to show support.

PK99

Legendary Member
Just had a Messenger Video chat with dear friend.

65, retired Senior Government Lawyer.
Savvy and Self sufficient as they come.
Diabetic
Coeliac
Pancreatitis
Autoimmune issues galore

On the 12-week-do-not-leave-the-house list.

She got her letter a few days ago.

Yesterday she was phoned by a lovely guy from the local council to check (among other things):

• Did she have enough food? (yes, plenty)
  • Did she have access to food Deliveries (Ocado due tomorrow)
  • Did she have access to a Delivering Pharmacy (Yes, longstanding, never visits the shop)
  • Did she have any other needs? (No, great, helpful neighbours)
Essentially a Triage call with support avaiable to anyone in need.

Here at least (Merton SW London) the system is working.

Julia9054

Guru
I've been prescribed something different for my asthma by my GP. Would prefer not to tit about with medication that works well but it seems I have no choice.

• Hugs
Reactions: C R

PK99

Legendary Member
I also had a call from the council because I received the letter. I’ve registered with the NHS website but that doesn’t seem to have made access to the supermarket home delivery slots any easier

I have no wish to depart in the near future but being realistic it is a possibility and I have documented / updated the details of all of the financial websites, bank accounts, passwords, phone pass code, email addresses and passwords etc. for my family to access, just in case

The will is up to date and I’ve told my partner that they can pump me full of whatever they want to test if I am on the way out but I would prefer to not be triaged for the morphine without them thinking about it for a while.

I am being realistic rather than morbid and don’t want my survivors to have undue hassle of it comes to that

PS. I haven’t noted the password for this forum because I suspect it would not be towards the top of the priority list.

My friend indicated that her conversation touched on priority access to delivery slots, suggesting it is in the pipeline.

As I type, she has whatsapped that she has just received an email from Ocado allowing her to book a number of future deliveries as long as they are 7 days apart. She has one due tomorrow and has booked two more for coming weeks.

System working .

Good luck to you. I was very anxious given my longstanding chest issues, but for me the infection was very mild.

<<HUGS>>

Levo-Lon

Guru
Daughter in law has gone back to work this week.
Emergency vet work only at medivet.

She's convinced she had covid-19 ,had most symptoms, and said her chest was awful.
Never had anything like it.
But can't be sure as not been tested for antibodies.

Son and kids seem ok so far, but they did isolate properly ,aswel as you can in a home anyway.

Top Bottom