Votes: 57 21.2%
  • I've been quaranteened

Votes: 19 7.1%
  • I personally know someone who has been diagnosed

Votes: 71 26.4%
  • Clear as far as I know

Votes: 150 55.8%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
Because there are still many idiots who don't take this virus seriously, I think it is time for Boris to declare Martial law and a curfew from 6pm to 8pm. Get the Army on patrol, armed of course , and tanks blocking main road access to towns and tourist places. I would like to see a camper van trying to get past.
Why don't people realise that the only way to beat Coronavirus is to isolate everyone? It is worth the hardship for a while if we want to get back to normality very soon.

I wholly disagree with there being a need for martial law but even if there were, what good would a 2hr curfew be?

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
I wholly disagree with there being a need for martial law but even if there were, what good would a 2hr curfew be?
I meant 6pm till 8am. It is time to take the bull by the horns and stop all those inconsiderate people.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I don't like the sound of this! Sorry to those who detest the DM,but i can't be bothered to explain it. https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...sunbathers-flouting-coronavirus-lockdown.html
The health secretary says that unless the few who won't stay in start to stay in, then all forms of outdoor exercise will be banned! That'll probably finish me off then! I've just been out on a 3 hour walk with my dog up and down the hills around here,but not straying further than about 1.2 miles. I only spoke to a few other walkers,saying hello at a distance. I can't live under some total lockdown,especially with the tell tale gits around here. They don't know what exercise is,so it won't affect them! No one's been sunbathing round here anyway,because it's been windy and dull. So because some pillocks in Brighton have been having 'barbies on the beach',i've got to suffer 289 miles away in Accrington?!
This woman's got it right!
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...leader-Angela-Rayner-blasts-Matt-Hancock.html
Yeah,nice big houses in acres of land are great for self isolation,but how about having to live in a high rise block of flats with only a tiny balcony ffs!!

I can see these measures turning neighbour against neighbour soon! Sad feckers with feck all else to do apart from observe,then report!:angry:

Last edited:

lane

Veteran
I meant 6pm till 8am. It is time to take the bull by the horns and stop all those inconsiderate people.

Counterproductive. I go out after 6pm because there are very few people around. See some of the elderly out at this time as well for the same reason. Most people sunbathing in parks will be out in the day. What makes you think this is a good idea?

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I heard some woman on a radio show last night moaning that 'runners and cyclists,because they're taking deep breaths are breathing out the virus(if they unknowingly have it)far more than people who are just walking about'.She questioned whether 'they' should be allowed to carry on running and cycling while we have this virus! F..k it,i say! I will not be stopped from keeping myself healthy! I will sneak out after dark if i have to! I also notice that take-aways' are allowed to open. Why is this so! They aren't offering a vital service! You can easily buy food elsewhere! The government is pandering to the live to eat,not eat to live brigade,while threatening the likes of me!

Rant over!!!

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
Spain, Italy , Turkey are doing it. The time for talking is over and it is time for action and then carry on talking. The curfew in Turkey is 8am till 8pm, I think that's about right. 6pm might be a bit too early.

vickster

Legendary Member
Spain, Italy , Turkey are doing it. The time for talking is over and it is time for action and then carry on talking. The curfew in Turkey is 8am till 8pm, I think that's about right. 6pm might be a bit too early.
8am to 8pm? That’ll be good for people who cannot work at home...
You may want to fact check your posts

lane

Veteran

Why d you think stopping people going out after 8pm would help?

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
I have to say, things have taken a severe turn for the worst. Acting on the advice of people on another board, I bought a bottle of this -

1586106512700.png

It's horrible :sad:

Top Bottom