Votes: 57 21.2%
  • I've been quaranteened

Votes: 19 7.1%
  • I personally know someone who has been diagnosed

Votes: 71 26.4%
  • Clear as far as I know

Votes: 150 55.8%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vickster

Legendary Member
I
Would you still allow people to going shopping during the curfew?
indeed, personally I’m trying to go late to avoid crowds and queues!
if you limit when people can go shopping, you might end up with more crowded shops and people hoarding and panic buying again so they don't have to go so often!

stephec

Legendary Member
I

indeed, personally I’m trying to go late to avoid crowds and queues!
if you limit when people can go shopping, you might end up with more crowded shops and people hoarding and panic buying again so they don't have to go so often!
Or not getting to the shop because of the hours that they're working.

Tomorrow I'm out at 06:00 to drive up to Irving for work, I should be away for 16:00 hopefully and will drive home as I refuse to stop in a hotel at the moment.

That's me knackered for the curfew then.

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
You are all making excuses instead of trying to solve a problem, which is far more serious than going to the shops after 6pm. Like I said before, debating what is good or bad for some is irrelevant, it just wastes time which helps the virus progress. Acting now is for the benefit of all and that's the end of my opinion on the subject.

You are all making excuses instead of trying to solve a problem, which is far more serious than going to the shops after 6pm. Like I said before, debating what is good or bad for some is irrelevant, it just wastes time which helps the virus progress. Acting now is for the benefit of all and that's the end of my opinion on the subject.

I will stick within the guidelines. I have inexpert opinions about it, but am no more able to argue from an informed position about the effectiveness or ineffectiveness of the guidelines and rules than you are. At the end of the day there are a range of options from total freedom to 24 hour lockdown for everyone no exceptions and getting the right one is a fine balancing act.

You are, of course, free to operate as far within the guidelines as you see fit.

PaulB

Legendary Member
I have to say, things have taken a severe turn for the worst. Acting on the advice of people on another board, I bought a bottle of this -

View attachment 512826

It's horrible :sad:
The Germans seem to be doing substantially better than any other comparable country where this crisis is concerned. One secret 'ingredient' being discussed is the humble sausage as Germans have stripped their supermarket shelves clean of this in preparation for the wurst.

What?

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
People have been sent to the Russian front for less ... ^_^
...but never on a Monday.

MarkF

Guru
I've been in close contact with confirmed cases for over 2 weeks now, wearing rubbish PPE & am amazed I haven't got it yet. Or maybe I have had it & am so manly I didn't know.^_^ In preparation, I've done a lot of excercise, improved my already good diet, am rattling with vitamin pills and haven't touched a drop of alcohol for 16 days, my immune system is going to be as good as it can be.:okay:

Am going ga-ga for a Westons.🍻

I've been in close contact with confirmed cases for over 2 weeks now, wearing rubbish PPE & am amazed I haven't got it yet. Or maybe I have had it & am so manly I didn't know.^_^ In preparation, I've done a lot of excercise, improved my already good diet, am rattling with vitamin pills and haven't touched a drop of alcohol for 16 days, my immune system is going to be as good as it can be.:okay:

Am going ga-ga for a Westons.🍻
Look after yourself mate.

I don't like the sound of this! Sorry to those who detest the DM,but i can't be bothered to explain it. https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...sunbathers-flouting-coronavirus-lockdown.html
The health secretary says that unless the few who won't stay in start to stay in, then all forms of outdoor exercise will be banned! That'll probably finish me off then! I've just been out on a 3 hour walk with my dog up and down the hills around here,but not straying further than about 1.2 miles. I only spoke to a few other walkers,saying hello at a distance. I can't live under some total lockdown,especially with the tell tale gits around here. They don't know what exercise is,so it won't affect them! No one's been sunbathing round here anyway,because it's been windy and dull. So because some pillocks in Brighton have been having 'barbies on the beach',i've got to suffer 289 miles away in Accrington?!
This woman's got it right!
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...leader-Angela-Rayner-blasts-Matt-Hancock.html
Yeah,nice big houses in acres of land are great for self isolation,but how about having to live in a high rise block of flats with only a tiny balcony ffs!!

I can see these measures turning neighbour against neighbour soon! Sad feckers with feck all else to do apart from observe,then report!:angry:

This virus isn't being spread by people in the south wandering about or sunbathing in large parks - irresponsible though that is. What about all the call centres and warehouses still open for business? What about all the construction sites still open and those using public transport to get there? The curve of deaths will fall, just as it is in other countries. Unfortunately it will take longer to get there because Boris was busy telling everyone to get herd immunity before it took a group of "boffins" to get it into his head that this was insane.

As for the curtain twitchers and moralisers who seem to have found a new pastime now that the Football's been cancelled, yes it is antisocial and inconsiderate to be breaking rules that exist for public safety. Some people haven't been following it, but the data shows that British people have by and large been complying with lockdown measures in ways that compare to other European countries. You can check out Google's mobility location data, which the government is now using, for yourself here: www.google.com/covid19/mobility/ It even has a breakdown by county for the UK.

This moral panic over social distancing violators is a smokescreen to scapegoat the public for the government's failure. A packed Cheltenham festival when most of Europe had gone into lockdown. A prime minister (who last night was admitted to hospital) boasting well into March that he would continue to shake everyone's hand. U-turns and mixed signals. A testing regime weeks behind those of other countries. Health workers and carers still without PPE. Staffing levels that barely cope when the NHS is at normal capacity. Ventilators still not procured. Businesses still telling their workers they must come in or go unpaid. But oh no, I saw next door go out for TWO walks this morning - will somebody please call the police?

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Wife has taken my car to work to give it a run and charge battery as it hasn’t moved for three weeks. Means I don’t need to go for a drive just to keep battery topped up. Hopefully NHS volunteering means I’ll get to move car enough to top up battery frequently enough.

Still both well, no symptoms, and nothing showing up when exercising.

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
Found a use for that rotten wine

1586179462772.png

Top Bottom