Votes: 57 21.2%
  • I've been quaranteened

Votes: 19 7.1%
  • I personally know someone who has been diagnosed

Votes: 71 26.4%
  • Clear as far as I know

Votes: 150 55.8%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
A couple of work colleagues are convinced they had this virus back in Feb. It spread to their immediate partners as well over time, all the symptoms that's been described , really knocked them for 6. However luckily at the time both were on leave from work leading upto the symptoms and it looks like it never spread through the dept. For now !!
Me being a key worker as well, I'm still commuting to and from work and as such I'm also doing all the shopping. Social distancing at home as well since I'm the one exposed currently. Found it hard to start with but used to it now, at least they sit with me in the same room now :laugh:

Should also say I know of only one person at our work who has tested + for this virus and consequently was in an induced coma out of it as well :sad:. he is coming out the other side only now but that's been nearly 3 weeks.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Just had a Messenger Video chat with dear friend.

65, retired Senior Government Lawyer.
Savvy and Self sufficient as they come.
Diabetic
Coeliac
Pancreatitis
Autoimmune issues galore

On the 12-week-do-not-leave-the-house list.

She got her letter a few days ago.

Yesterday she was phoned by a lovely guy from the local council to check (among other things):

• Did she have enough food? (yes, plenty)
  • Did she have access to food Deliveries (Ocado due tomorrow)
  • Did she have access to a Delivering Pharmacy (Yes, longstanding, never visits the shop)
  • Did she have any other needs? (No, great, helpful neighbours)
Essentially a Triage call with support avaiable to anyone in need.

Here at least (Merton SW London) the system is working.
In MERTON!!!!!

Must see if MIL has had the same....

Inertia

I feel like I could... TAKE ON THE WORLD!!
A couple of work colleagues are convinced they had this virus back in Feb. It spread to their immediate partners as well over time, all the symptoms that's been described , really knocked them for 6. However luckily at the time both were on leave from work
Do you think they are correct In their belief? It doesn’t seem likely.

Inertia

I feel like I could... TAKE ON THE WORLD!!
Without a test no ! Could it have been seasonal flu , possibly ?? What’s the chances though with all that’s going on around !
True, sounds like they were lucky, I guess I forgot how long it’s been here.

sleuthey

Legendary Member
...but I like giving nursey next door the clap...and she is very appreciative ;-)
Havnt we got enough issues with the Corona Virus without you spreading your STIs? :laugh:

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
Nothing important, but amazon among others have suddenly flipped their delivery policy from deliveries for non-essential items from 28th April onwards towards tomorrow.

Apparently a lot of people have been browsing/trying to order non-essential items which probably do help a bit if you're not leaving the house very much the next couple of months.

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
Because there are still many idiots who don't take this virus seriously, I think it is time for Boris to declare Martial law and a curfew from 6pm to 8pm. Get the Army on patrol, armed of course , and tanks blocking main road access to towns and tourist places. I would like to see a camper van trying to get past.
Why don't people realise that the only way to beat Coronavirus is to isolate everyone? It is worth the hardship for a while if we want to get back to normality very soon.

Top Bottom