Votes: 57 21.2%
  • I've been quaranteened

Votes: 19 7.1%
  • I personally know someone who has been diagnosed

Votes: 71 26.4%
  • Clear as far as I know

Votes: 150 55.8%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

CXRAndy

Guru
I've been using a Garmin smart watch for the last 6 months. It's got so canny features to report on the bodies recovery and stress, using HR and HR variability.

I'm pretty fit currently (excluding COVID) with a resting HR of 36bpm

Currently my resting HR with dealing with COVID is 55bpm. Today if I was fully fit and resting my Body Battery score from Garmin would be mostly blue with an increasing score.

This is what illness does -orange indicates body stress.

I'm sat on a couch doing naff all
Screenshot_20220707-123947_Connect.jpg

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris

I seem to have said goodbye to my sense of smell and taste. Oh well, fully jabbed, two years of minimising exposure to others and I get beaten by what is very likely to be a highly infectious variant with little chance of escaping it. I haven't been keeping pace with info on the two new variants but I was reading that it is possible to get re-infected by them. Is this right?
I'm afraid it is. As I mentioned in a post a few pages back one of my cousins has just had it for the third time in nine months which she was really annoyed about. From what I understand she has been less ill and recovered quicker this time round though.

From reading some of the comments I seem to be getting away with not too bad a dose. Feeling a bit more human today and the sense of smell and taste is starting to return. That bit has been quite unpleasant as in place of being able to smell anything I had a kind of background sensation as though I'd been hanging round stale tobacco smoke.xx(

Good news is that my brother is feeling better and has tested negative. Bad news is that my father tested positive this morning, which I'm quite worried about as he is susceptable to bronchial issues. My mother and sister have symptoms but tested negative.... but then, so did I on my first test after getting symptoms.

gbb

Legendary Member
DIL and SIL both have it, DIL for the 4th time i think but they have young school age children, i suspect that exposes you to more risk, SIL has it for the 2nd time.
My wife and myself, neither of us has knowingly had it, both triple jabbed but that's no guarantee of not getting it of course.
Its been rampant all around us yet we stay free of it ? I work among hundreds of people every day, my wife works in a school where many staff and children have gone down with it. TBH, we both wonder...how come we havn't had it ?

We went to our DILs the other day, she had JUST cleared of covid, she asked if we wanted to come in still ?... No problem, we're almost of the view, we're either going to get it or not, shrug shoulders, get on with life.

PK99

Legendary Member
I Bad news is that my father tested positive this morning, which I'm quite worried about as he is susceptable to bronchial issues.

Back in March 2020, my chest consultant who has looked after my various and intractable lung infection issues for a number of years, advised me that "... even for (you)" the risk following infection is low. And it was.
A few days of being under the weather.

More recently (a month or 3 ago) a friend with Type 1 diabetes, plus a multitude of other chronic and occasionally acute conditions, AND is GROSSLY obese following years of heavy steroid prescriptions, and who shielded religiously through early phases, tested positive.
She was fine. The equivalent of a bad cold.

Be rightly concerned. Don't panic.

I've been using a Garmin smart watch for the last 6 months. It's got so canny features to report on the bodies recovery and stress, using HR and HR variability.

Currently my resting HR with dealing with COVID is 55bpm. Today if I was fully fit and resting my Body Battery score from Garmin would be mostly blue with an increasing score.

View attachment 651832

Blimey - that is some jump in HR ! What is your Stress score for today - that must be through the roof too.
Get better soon !

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
Back in March 2020, my chest consultant who has looked after my various and intractable lung infection issues for a number of years, advised me that "... even for (you)" the risk following infection is low. And it was.
A few days of being under the weather.

More recently (a month or 3 ago) a friend with Type 1 diabetes, plus a multitude of other chronic and occasionally acute conditions, AND is GROSSLY obese following years of heavy steroid prescriptions, and who shielded religiously through early phases, tested positive.
She was fine. The equivalent of a bad cold.

Be rightly concerned. Don't panic.

That's quite reassuring. I'll keep cool and take things as they come.:okay:

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Bad news is that my father tested positive this morning, which I'm quite worried about as he is susceptable to bronchial issues.
Don't panic @Rickshaw Phil :hugs:
I am prone to really bad tonsils infections, that quickly morph into bronchitis, usually with a high temperature to boot.
Yet, for some unknown reason, I was completely fine when I was positive, no symptoms at all.

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
Started coughing on Monday night, worked from home Tuesday but had to sign off sick at 11. I tested positive for covid. It's the worst I've ever felt, probably worse than when I had tonsillitis. My throat feels like razor blades and annoyingly is worse just as I get into bed. This is day 3…hoping it gets better tomorrow

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!

View attachment 651832

This is all from a little LED on your wrist. I've got one too, these fancy watches... don't ever get that bothered by them as the reading's aren't that accurate.

I use mine for waking me up (I'm usually awake) and the occasional alert whilst riding. They are, pretty 'iffy' on some health stats.... I have a Samsung - I'll trust my Garmin chest strap and Garmin bike unit before a wrist strap.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
On the back of a restful day and decent night's sleep, my Garmin confirms what I feel like
View attachment 652040
Resting HR within 1 or 2 BPM of normal for me. Must of been lucky with this variant, just a few days of feeling like a bad cold

That seems to be what this variant is now. Let's hope it continues and maybe even gets milder and we can forget about it altogether as it's still disrupting businesses with staff going off sick.

This is all from a little LED on your wrist. I've got one too, these fancy watches... don't ever get that bothered by them as the reading's aren't that accurate.

I use mine for waking me up (I'm usually awake) and the occasional alert whilst riding. They are, pretty 'iffy' on some health stats.... I have a Samsung - I'll trust my Garmin chest strap and Garmin bike unit before a wrist strap.

I just read a review of the latest Fenix watch in the comic.
Reviewer compared her HR readings to that with the chest strap. max HR was 1 best different. Average was the same.
I think they've improved a lot.

I now don't use the strap for running and the HR seems very similar just from the watch.

Mo1959

Legendary Member
I just read a review of the latest Fenix watch in the comic.
Reviewer compared her HR readings to that with the chest strap. max HR was 1 best different. Average was the same.
I think they've improved a lot.

I now don't use the strap for running and the HR seems very similar just from the watch.

Latest models definitely seem improved. I treated myself to a Garmin Epix a few months ago and am really pleased with it.

Top Bottom