Coronavirus outbreak

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 26715

They strongly urged me to buy masks in case UK goes in same direction, so I did this morning. £2 insurance policy
Has there been any official announcement of what is a suitable mask? I know Screwfix are now restricting people to 5 mask each, have they appeared on Fleecebay yet?

numbnuts

Legendary Member
Has there been any official announcement of what is a suitable mask? I know Screwfix are now restricting people to 5 mask each, have they appeared on Fleecebay yet?
N95

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
Construction industry nervously looking at steel supplies from China at the moment, especially finished products such as screws, nails, bolts etc.

D

Deleted member 26715

Maybe there’s a lesson here....
I don't think it's just the construction industry, another 6-8 weeks when all the existing containers that were already at sea have docked, unloaded & used with none following.

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
I don't think it's just the construction industry, another 6-8 weeks when all the existing containers that were already at sea have docked, unloaded & used with none following.
Friends in PRC should have returned to work on Feb 3. They've been told it will be the week after next, the 17th. But they think this is wildly optimistic. Everyone I know is sitting in their apartments, afraid to go outside

numbnuts

Legendary Member
You have to travel on a German autobahn??
Can an N95 face mask protect you from catching the new coronavirus?
https://www.newscientist.com/articl...rotect-you-from-catching-the-new-coronavirus/

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Can't buy decent masks. They strongly urged me to buy masks in case UK goes in same direction, so I did this morning. £2 insurance policy

Should it come here we'd be fubared. The 'Catch it bin it' posters have gone up in all the toilets here. Shame as we could have done with this since October as the numbers of staff/students with flu/lingering coughs and various viruses has been insane. I've had it twice, and it's still like wild fire here. Runny nose at present. Person next to me only came back to work yesterday after a week off with flu.

The standard winter bugs have been a big issue at work - some folk have been very poorly - virus upon virus and infections - the girl on the other side of me has had major issues, very poorly indeed - got ill, then eye infection, then another infection, then exhausted... blood tests the lot. She's still on a phased return.

Julia9054

Guru
We have put hygiene posters up in school and sent an email to parents.
One of my year 10 pupils said “Miss, that email said you have to come to school even if you get the corona virus“
This is what it actually said

Last edited:
Top Bottom