Coronavirus outbreak

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tom73

Guru
T & T have redefined close contact the 15 min contact time with covid + contact is now cumulatively over the course of one day and no longer only in single period. That's going to make a good few work placers look a bit bare. The NHS are really going to have problems if they don't have enough on already.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
T & T have redefined close contact the 15 min contact time with covid + contact is now cumulatively over the course of one day and no longer only in single period. That's going to make a good few work placers look a bit bare. The NHS are really going to have problems if they don't have enough on already.
Maybe the NHS should be exempted and allowed to do its best because of the dire emergency but more generally, I am suprised and disappointed that this was not generally already the case. Certainly a couple of workplaces near me that I know had already been considering it cumulative because of the theory about accumulating virus particles.

If the above is true and TaT have only just changed to 15min a day, then it is a farking scandal and no surprise a more infectious variant has spread so easily because loads who should have been isolating won't have been contacted. Someone should resign over that blunder!

mjr

Stevenage is a big town (pop 90k) and it's on the main train lines from Cambridge and Peterborough to London and onwards (both lines have many "dormitory" towns along them), so easily reached for many hundreds of thousands more. The vaccination centre is also literally about 3 minutes off the A1.
Neither of which should matter when people should be walking or cycling, not driving or on trains.

I still suspect it is positioning the town for an early derestriction trial.

mjr

If I were looking at transmission hubs, I wouldn't be looking at supermarkets where compliance is high, I'd be looking at the smaller independents.
So tempted to wear a body cam on my next shopping pick ups. Compliance is not high in supermarkets. Superspreadermarkets, more like. Village stores are much better plus there are fewer in there with you.

midlife

Guru
Maybe the NHS should be exempted and allowed to do its best because of the dire emergency but more generally, I am suprised and disappointed that this was not generally already the case. Certainly a couple of workplaces near me that I know had already been considering it cumulative because of the theory about accumulating virus particles.

If the above is true and TaT have only just changed to 15min a day, then it is a farking scandal and no surprise a more infectious variant has spread so easily because loads who should have been isolating won't have been contacted. Someone should resign over that blunder!

We are told to turn off our track and trace app at work (NHS), as we work in a covid secure environment we are not meant to be able to contract it at work.....

Low Gear Guy

Veteran
Track and trace won't work anyway for jobs where you leave your phone in your jacket or locker while you wander around site.

tom73

Guru
Track and trace won't work anyway for jobs where you leave your phone in your jacket or locker while you wander around site.
Track and trace has nothing to do the magic app it's been done for years long before this tat's what contact tracing is all about.
Anyone who tests + is/should be contacted plus work placers should have a process in place to help trace contacts.

classic33

Leg End Member
I know in Germany a friend said for their area they have a 15km radius.

Alone is fine with me I'm a hermit cyclist anyway haha.

I don't think they want the responsibility of enforcing, also seeing how belligerent and militant some are I can see why, then again I think some go out to cause issue, I know of cases where people have been filming themselves so when they get confronted they kick off, I know a friend when this happened in a hospital, wearing a mask is no different to places having dress codes, if you don't like it go elsewhere it's simple in my mind.
I saw a bottle being used to clout the lass on the checkout in the first lockdown, when they were limiting how many you could buy. Hit across the arm, and broke on till area.

People don't like being told what they can and can't have, and no-one, especially a "school kid" is going to tell them what they can & cannot buy.

Things carry on as they are, it might just be time to break out the Hazmat suit

Top Bottom