Coronavirus outbreak

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tom73

Guru
Good briefing from Hancock tonight - usual idiot questions from some of the press. :sad:

The guy is a prat and totally clueless so only fair that an idiot gets questions to match the mindset of the one replying to them.
Take yesterday even when his own dept report he say's it wrong as it's not in line with the governments grand plan. A total prat who i'd not even leave alone with a lego hospital never mind a health service.

I've got to say, our local supermarkets have been absolutely fine, no issues at all.
Same here. Not a mega-affluent area (nearest town looks down on us!)

But clearly some are witnessing different. I'd like to see MJR's body-cam video!

My theory is that behaviour is viral; being British no-one challenges passive selfish behaviour, so people see it and decide "Oh, well, no reason I should be inconvenienced if noone else is". And it spreads - but only locally.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
So tempted to wear a body cam on my next shopping pick ups. Compliance is not high in supermarkets. Superspreadermarkets, more like. Village stores are much better plus there are fewer in there with you.
I must say there seems to be a great increase in supermarket shoppers anxious to protect us all from some kind of chin infection. Chinronavirus must be far more infectious than coronavirus.

Johnno260

Veteran
I saw a bottle being used to clout the lass on the checkout in the first lockdown, when they were limiting how many you could buy. Hit across the arm, and broke on till area.

People don't like being told what they can and can't have, and no-one, especially a "school kid" is going to tell them what they can & cannot buy.

Things carry on as they are, it might just be time to break out the Hazmat suit

Yea I saw I thing barge an old boy out the way before he took what it wanted, I can’t call it female or a person as it was neither.

Luckily the store security guy who is paid to stop shop lifters grabbed it and twisted its arm behind it’s back and forcibly ejected it from the store, the cheer he got rivalled anything at a football ground, it was told never come back.

You hit the nail on the head, kids aren’t gonna tell a rampaging man child what they can/can’t purchase, I would say screw it put squaddies on tills and see if people have the same balls when a red beret is sitting the other side of the till, if someone does get in a paras face I would pay to see the footage.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Where are people getting the information from that the virus is relatively harmless and you don't need to bother with any restrictions? Do they not see the footage of what is happening in hospitals in places of massive rates of infection?
Facebook. Forums. Full of stuff saying this is just a flu being blown out of all proportion.

They think the footage of hospitals is fake: https://www.lincolnshirelive.co.uk/news/lincoln-news/anti-covid-protesters-lincoln-county-4859899 https://www.chelmsfordweeklynews.co...hoax-claims-nonsense-insult-staff---nhs-boss/

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"

over 4,300 Americans died yesterday. I wonder how many need to die, in a single day, for certain members of the US congress, to wear masks?
:sad:
I was shocked at the report of those republicans refusing to wear masks during the Capitol riot, while in close confinement with other members. An elderly member has tested positive and posted how angry he was with his "colleagues". That is verging on man-slaughter.
(Will try to dig out the statement, unless someone points it out on this thread first ...)

Top Bottom