Coronavirus outbreak

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vickster

Legendary Member
Not seen that except in the sick bay of the USS Enterprise!
Wouldn't be any use as an intravenous cannula that he needs now and again anyway. And don't even say the word dentist.:sad:
Has he considered trying hypnotherapy? Just a thought (I know of someone who successfully used for a blood phobia for example)

For take-away only, and delivery. I believe? (not a customer) I do see the queue of cars, at the nearby McD, as I go about my daily walk/cycle ride.

Is it only McD which should be ordered to close, or, all Take-away outlets?

Well cafes are still open as well. We are told how dire the situation is - then we allow fast food, cafes, and garden centres to open. It just don't seem right to me.

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
Absolutely, and while I'm fairly OK with needles I hope I never have to use my EpiPen - that is designed to go through clothes into the muscle... although if I ever have to the size of the needle won't be at the front of my mind!

They are ok according to my wife - she uses them to fire Sumatriptin into her thigh for the nightmare called Cluster Headaches. :sad:

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
Yep, used about 30 years ago but stopped because of risks of infection.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jet_injector

Thanks - fits with my Tomorrows World timescale.

:sad:
I was shocked at the report of those republicans refusing to wear masks during the Capitol riot, while in close confinement with other members. An elderly member has tested positive and posted how angry he was with his "colleagues". That is verging on man-slaughter.
(Will try to dig out the statement, unless someone points it out on this thread first ...)
Trial by combat with virus.

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
Stricter controls are coming into force in Scotland on Saturday:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-55646778

"Only shops selling essential items - such as clothing, footwear, baby equipment, homeware and books - will be allowed to offer click and collect.

Collections must also be outdoors, with appointments staggered to avoid queuing.
And takeaways can no longer allow customers indoors, and must instead operate from a hatch or doorway."

Further details are at https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-55649853

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
"[...] Collections must also be outdoors, with appointments staggered to avoid queuing.
And takeaways can no longer allow customers indoors, and must instead operate from a hatch or doorway."
I've mixed feelings about limiting it to a defined list of essential items, but the above two things seem bleeding obvious and a bit disappointing that shops have to be regulated to do them. I was fairly annoyed that my click-and-collect (of essential products) during the November lockdown was indoors and at exactly the same time as 5 other people's appointments.

I think my last supermarket click-and-collect (which was dire in many ways) was also at exactly the same time as others. It was at least outdoors, even if they were completely not ready for a bicycle+trailer.

So, to be clear, that is ALL take-away food outlets you would like to see closed?

Not a problem to me, personally, I don’t use them.

Why not - if we are in the business of marginal gains ?

It was reported in the local news by me that 2 McDonald s staff had tested positive. They each might have infected another 3 - and so on.

To me there is little to gain by keeping fast food outlets open. If we want to reduce interactions to only the essential - then they shouldn't be open.

BoldonLad

Not part of the Elite
Why not - if we are in the business of marginal gains ?

It was reported in the local news by me that 2 McDonald s staff had tested positive. They each might have infected another 3 - and so on.

To me there is little to gain by keeping fast food outlets open. If we want to reduce interactions to only the essential - then they shouldn't be open.

OK. I have no issue with that, just trying to establish if this was an anti-McD thing, or, a general Food Take-away thing.

As I said, I do not frequent McD, or, indeed, any fast food outlet, but, I don't see that my personal preferences should make it illegal, or, even, frowned upon, for other people to do so.

Top Bottom