Coronavirus outbreak

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Oldhippy

Cynical idealist
Pretty sure 92% is nowhere near an actual reality.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Which is back to a selfish individual being the cause of the outbreak. Too many of those have resulted in far too many deaths. And will continue to do so.
I am not sure I will find the report again, but I think the headteacher of one of the schools also blamed the tracking system for not telling them that they had a student who should not attend due to quarantine, which apparently is normal under their public health law. Not sure whether it would be here?

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
Ah, if it's a Cabinet Minister my mind is at rest. 🤣 It really doesn't.
IPSOS independent polling

According to the polling, compliance is as high now as it's ever been since polling started. Presumably the 92% is another poll which lumps the "completely" and "mostly" compliant (which is 94% in this poll)

Adam4868

Guru
There's no sugar coating what a disaster it's been.
Prof Andrew Hayward (on SAGE) tells @BBCPM that he thinks deaths won’t fall substantially for weeks yet, partly due the to the fact infections are falling amongst the old more slowly than amongst the young: “We have one of the worst coronavirus problems in the world right now.”
The timing of lockdowns,eat out to help out,Christmas...it's been a disastor.Yes the vaccination programme is looking promising but it doesn't make the death toll any better.When will they actually hold their hands up and take some accountability ?

Last edited:

Ajax Bay

Guru
Yes the vaccination programme is looking promising but it doesn't make the death toll any better.When will they actually hold their hands up and take some accountability ?
No vaccination programme in the world can "make the death toll" (past) any better.
"take some accountability" Perhaps you could describe what sort of "accountability" you had in mind? 'They' have accounted and given reasons for their 'actions' and inactions. You may think the reasons given flawed.

Oldhippy

Cynical idealist
One of the main problems I believe is the trying to still keep things 'normal' and open for business. Economy has more value than life. Until people from Boris down to the bloke who pops to mickey d's for a burger realise we may have to totally re evaluate how we live not much will change.

Reactions: mjr

gbb

Legendary Member
And at a local level, about 3 weeks ago a neighbour reported her neighbour for having a gathering of around 10 extra adults in their house. Police attended, people sent out promptly.

Tonight, the same house, dead opposite mine, pushing 20 people In there, barbeque was lit earlier. We called the police this time and their neighbour did too.
Police attended, people left.

10 minutes or so ago, a bout 6 of them sauntered back into the house.
Neighbour called the police again.

...on the day over 1600 people died.
This is exactly the same behaviour I see daily at work, leave a good proportion of our workforce on their own for 5 minutes, they just will not comply.

Top Bottom