Coronavirus outbreak

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BoldonLad

Not part of the Elite
Bookings up at Easyjet - the month of May looking popular for holidays in 2021:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-55709110

Even optimistically I think expecting to get away in May is a bit premature.

I have not looked at the small print of the various holiday company offerings, we do not do package holidays or "fly to" holidays. But, if there is no penalty in booking (ie you do not lose your money if travel is not possible), why would someone who does take this type of holiday not book? When the "brakes" are eventually released, these is going to be a lot of pent-up demand, and the law of supply and demand means prices will rise.

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
Hancock is isolating again ... Every cloud and all that.

Is it cycnical of me to put it out there that the only people I've ever heard of who have been pinged by Track and Trace are ministers?
I mean, the cynical man might think it's as if they're trying to sell the idea that Track and Trace is even a thing, or even a useful thing.

I've not heard of a single person in my life (work or social) who has been asked to self isolate via Track and Trace. I'd sort of assumed it was no longer a thing.

Unless it is from his own household, how shoot is Hancock at following the barrier measures to get exposed a second time during a lockdown? It is not like he delivers front line health care. Am I missing something?

See above. I half wonder if he "gets pinged" on purpose to sell the message that the system works. A useful idiot in other words.
Otherwise yes, he seems to get exposed a lot!

BoldonLad

Not part of the Elite
Unless it is from his own household, how shoot is Hancock at following the barrier measures to get exposed a second time during a lockdown? It is not like he delivers front line health care. Am I missing something?

Perhaps he goes cycling beyond his "local" area?

Seriously, perhaps, yet another example of our lack of understanding of which behaviours are risky? ;)

• Laugh
Reactions: mjr

BoldonLad

Not part of the Elite
Is it cycnical of me to put it out there that the only people I've ever heard of who have been pinged by Track and Trace are ministers?
I mean, the cynical man might think it's as if they're trying to sell the idea that Track and Trace is even a thing, or even a useful thing.

I've not heard of a single person in my life (work or social) who has been asked to self isolate via Track and Trace. I'd sort of assumed it was no longer a thing.

Sorry to disappoint you. My second youngest daughter got "pinged" by test and trace, about two months ago.

She did the self isolation thing.

However, the system was so in-ept, ie numerous phone calls which were duplicates, that she then deleted the app from her phone.

Last edited:

FishFright

More wheels than sense
top 30.png

Word beating Covid Policies

tom73

Guru

See above. I half wonder if he "gets pinged" on purpose to sell the message that the system works. A useful idiot in other words.
Otherwise yes, he seems to get exposed a lot!

The big thing people need to remember him and his like are more than able to afford to do it. 1000's can't so don't equally they most likely have plenty of space at home to do it safely again 1000's can't so have no hope of passing covid onto other at home. who in turn can unwittingly pass it into the wider society.
T&T is very much still on going and will be needed even more as the vaccine is rolled out yet even now it's still working and has issues.
It's one of many thing that the government is hiding in the vaccine news smoke screen.

Last edited:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
There was a minister on TV this morning avoiding answering how bad our infection rates were, and kept going on about the vaccine roll out. He got ripped into by the presenters.

Then followed by an anti vaxxer - wouldn't have the vaccine as she already had covid, she'd got a relative very ill with it now, but was blaming not having it on potential fertility issues - yet another bit of bad information going about. This virus will not be going away any time soon.

Judging by the numbers, "Share & Enjoy" is a more likely name for any covid policy drawn up by the UK authorities.

(Three medium-sized deciduous forests to whomever gets the reference.)
I got "Share and Enjoy"* - but if the forests comment is a reference, it went over my head, sorry!

*p.s. you could have extended the quote:
"Why don't you share this with your friends? :-) "
"Because I want to keep them! :angry: "

I got "Share and Enjoy"* - but if the forests comment is a reference, it went over my head, sorry!

*p.s. you could have extended the quote:
"Why don't you share this with your friends? :-) "
"Because I want to keep them! :angry: "
You got the reference, although "Share and Enjoy" applied to more than just the drink almost - but not quite - entirely unlike tea.
It was the corporate slogan of the entire Sirius Cybernetics Corporation, alongside "Go stick your head in a pig" due to a translation error.

The "forests" reference in my post was the Golgafrincham B Ark colonists who used leaves as currency and the resulting runaway inflation led to a going rate of "something like three deciduous forests buying one ship's peanut"... and their solution to solve the inflation was to burn down all the forests.

Reactions: mjr
Top Bottom