Coronavirus outbreak

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Would you like to rephrase that? ;)
Pretty clear I thought?🤷‍♂️

Coming home today the road near me was packed with 50+ cars either side. There were crowds of people all over as I pulled in for the funeral Conductor so they could come past.

Apparently someone down the road age 44 had died from Covid.

So, what did the crowds do whilst the funeral cortege plus loads of cars filed slowly through? That's right, gather together in large groups then have a long chat. :eek::angry::cursing: With cases still high in my area maybe they're just working out who's next to die?
... and on a similar vein, have folks here seen the pictures from Glasgow after a popular sports team won a match?
We need a stronger version of facepalm emoji.

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
... and on a similar vein, have folks here seen the pictures from Glasgow after a popular sports team won a match?
We need a stronger version of facepalm emoji.
and you wonder why the West of Scotland were deep in the mire of CoVid at one point ! Idiots will be idiots, Darwin at work as I call it

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"

IaninSheffield

Veteran

vickster

Legendary Member
Because the Police find it very easy to tackle old women, they're not keen on anybody who might answer back.
Different police force...

Or lots of the Glasgow Rozzers are also sympathetic Rangers fans? :whistle:

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Why you arguing the t**s with me?
Not arguing the toss. Just trying to tease out the details from the gibberish posted.

My Daughter, who is 19, works in a primary school and all the Staff in the 'Early Years' department have been VACCINATED because there are some kids that have been deemed 'Vulnerable' so the head of year told them to book a JAB and supplied them with a letter to show at the vaccination Centre.

Clear?
Better. So it seems at least one vaccination centre is ignoring the decision not to prioritise teachers.

You still got your Ar*e in your hand cos you haven't been vaccinated yet?
Why do you have that mistaken idea?

Ajax Bay

Guru
Lateral Flow Test accuracy
1615212908811.png

Been lots of LFT usefulness coverage
LFTs take up to 30 minutes (and my 17 year old had one on this his first day back in school). My sister will use one to be the 'one visitor' for my mother.
Lots of chat on false positives (LFT +ve yet a subsequent polymerase chain reaction (PCR) test comes back negative, after 2 days, say) and the impact of such: off school, family forced to self-isolate, classmates off school, etc. Suggested false +ve rate is about 1:1000.
But there's been more concern in the run up to schools reopening about so-called false negatives: LFT returns -ve but actually subject is infected with C19 (definition: nasal swabs simultaneously taken test +ve using PCR test - see below about whether that is 'infected with C19') and the potential adverse effects.
When they were trying to get 'on top' of the way higher than UK average case rates in Liverpool in the summer (remember that!) they did loads of LFTs and also took samples to analyse with PCR. This found that, with asymptomatic subjects, for every 4 LFT +ves there'd be those 4 plus 6 others who all tested +ve using the PCR test.
LFT is more accurate at detecting a higher viral load (the sort of amount that will mean the subject is liable to transmit the virus to others) but is not as 'good' at detecting lower level viral loads.
PCR testing is very sensitive and detects even very small amounts of viral load. It has been suggested that the sensitivity rate being used in PCR testing is too great and - for asymptomatic subjects - detects the residue of virus after the subject has stopped being infectious. Whether it is too sensitive or not has wider implications, but helps give context to the claim that LFTs are "only 40% accurate".
So you have two types of test: one super sensitive and another 'good enough' for school/work place/care home visitor use (and can be conducted immediately before the visit or before going into class). In the last example visitors, even if testing -ve with a LFT will still be wearing some PPE and can hold hands but not hug/kiss or generally risk significant oral/nasal efflux directly onto their aged loved one.
More or Less offers this 8 minute easy listen: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p095jclg

Not arguing the toss. Just trying to tease out the details from the gibberish posted.

Better. So it seems at least one vaccination centre is ignoring the decision not to prioritise teachers.

Why do you have that mistaken idea?
All the staff that work in my Daughter's school (early years) have had the jab so not true in their case, have you no positive outlook in you?
You find that hard to understand?
Which part is 'gibberish '?

You don't see yourself as wining because you haven't had the jab?

The comment above regarding vaccination centres giving it teachers (she's a TA as it happens) leads me to think of you as I do.

Was it you who came up with being 'thrown under the bus' because you might not be vaccinated by the time restrictions are lifted?

Last edited:
Top Bottom