Coronavirus outbreak

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
You find that hard to understand?
Which part is 'gibberish '?
When @midlife asked how that happened and you started on about them booking tests.

You don't see yourself as wining because you haven't had the jab?
Nope. I agree that others should be vaccinated before me. Probably teachers and assistants should be vaccinated before me too, but that is not what the government decided and it is interesting if that is being subverted in practice.

Was it you who came up with being 'thrown under the bus' because you might not be vaccinated by the time restrictions are lifted?
No, but I may have been the first to post it here. The vaccination prioritisation is not the complaint there!

Ajax Bay

Guru
So it seems at least one vaccination centre is ignoring the decision not to prioritise teachers.
To help your understanding, @mjr and to avoid accusations of 'gibberish', here's some context (below) which no doubt the headteacher drew on for guidance. I note that @shep explained his daughter's teaching/assistant environment: she is not just a 'normal teacher'. The decision not to prioritise teachers generally stands. This will mean you get your vaccine sooner (about early May, I reckon) and can step safely onto the bus.

Dr Jenny Harries, Deputy CMO England, told MPs (select committee I think) in Jan: “Anybody providing direct care in a clinical capacity, which I know happens in some educational settings, would be included within the health and social care staff group.” And PH England told Schools Week (Jan) that “staff in some schools for clinically vulnerable children would fit the JCVI criteria of frontline care”. [JCVI Group 2]

Thanks for that but why should people care?

I know someone who works as a receptionist in a Doctors who had it, her husband also had it because they had some spare. Both early 50's.

The more people done the better in my opinion.

PK99

Legendary Member
Thanks for that but why should people care?

I know someone who works as a receptionist in a Doctors who had it, her husband also had it because they had some spare. Both early 50's.

The more people done the better in my opinion.

Using up spares is a good thing to do.

Subverting clinical priorities and delaying bookings for higher clinical priority people would not be a good thing to do.

Ajax Bay

Guru
Think we have 'done' the don't throw away any end of day residue issue on the 'vaccine' thread. This was an issue 6 weeks ago when the first 4 JCVI groups were being jabbed, and NHS England gave firm guidance that centres and surgeries should make a better effort to maintain a 'call at short notice' list drawn from people in the current or next JCVI Group. Noone wanted to see doses discarded but vaccinating randoms caused unnecessary 'communications' issues.

OK, thanks, I didn't know that. I saw mention that some of the children are vulnerable, but not that this was a clinical care setting.
It's a basic primary school with some kids that are classed a 'vulnerable ' , I've explained this already.

Why the massive concern?

And you wonder why I think you seem bitter.
I haven't. I'm not in a priority group. I'm in the "to be thrown under the bus on 21 June" group under the current plans.

Using up spares is a good thing to do.

Subverting clinical priorities and delaying bookings for higher clinical priority people would not be a good thing to do.
You know what, on this forum someone posts a simple reply to a subject and then needs to spend God knows how long explaining every detail!

mjr

It's a basic primary school with some kids that are classed a 'vulnerable ' , I've explained this already.
Maybe @Ajax Bay would like to comment on whether this fits the clinical care setting.

Why the massive concern?
Why do you think it's massive concern? It's merely interest.

And you wonder why I think you seem bitter.
Yep. Right now, I am wondering if everything read on the internet is taken as extreme, everything turned up to 11 (have you tried the Android 11 Easter Egg yet, Spinal Tap fans?) and no middle ground.

Maybe @Ajax Bay would like to comment on whether this fits the clinical care setting.

Why do you think it's massive concern? It's merely interest.

Yep. Right now, I am wondering if everything read on the internet is taken as extreme, everything turned up to 11 (have you tried the Android 11 Easter Egg yet, Spinal Tap fans?) and no middle ground.
Why should ANYONE care whether it's a 'Clinical care situation ' she's had a jab before someone else, so what.

To post all the stuff about who should have it or not seems a bit more than just an interest to me.

My lad works in a Prison, he hasn't had it nor does he care, I haven't and nor do I care. Some mates of mine who are younger have had it, our time will come.

Last edited:

Ajax Bay

Guru
So it seems at least one vaccination centre is ignoring the decision not to prioritise teachers.
Yep. Right now, I am wondering if everything read on the internet is taken as extreme, . . . and no middle ground.
Who am I to judge whether @shep's daughter's school headmaster's judgement was correct or not? I'll leave that to them and the local vaccination organisation. You don't know the detail; I don't; and probably @shep doesn't have a full insight to the detail of various pupils' vulnerabilities (and if he does, it's not for sharing).
In other news:
* schools have opened up again,
*a person (each) can visit their aged relative/friend in care homes,
* the UK will take the first of 4 steps reducing restrictions on 29 Mar, within 30 days [Edit: after error inferred]
* the number in UK hospitals with a positive C19 test has dropped below 10,000 for the first time since 25 Oct,
* the number of daily new cases is 10% of the January peak (number of tests is 20% higher than then btw),
* the vaccination programme is rattling on, with vaccine hesitancy low, and a supply surge from next weekend,
* I got a nice ride in today's sunshine, and later sorted a 'noisy' rear hub (cone was pitted).

Your terrier-like chasing of the weaknesses and incongruities of "everything [you] read on the internet is extreme".
"Sorry, can't come to supper, love: someone's got something wrong (or seems odd to me) on t'internet."

Last edited:

mjr

* the UK will take the first of 4 steps reducing restrictions on 29 Mar,
Have Scotland and Wales fallen in line with the plan for England?

Your terrier-like chasing of the weaknesses and incongruities of "everything [you] read on the internet is extreme".
"Sorry, can't come to supper, love: someone's got something wrong (or seems odd to me) on t'internet."
:huh: :?:

MrGrumpy

Huge Member

:huh: :?:
Might be some changes around that tomorrow as our FM alluded too . As in sped up relaxation of some rules based on better than expected vaccine results etc . However don’t quote me, as not 100% sure !

Ajax Bay

Guru
Might be some changes around that tomorrow as our FM alluded too. As in sped up relaxation of some rules based on better than expected vaccine results etc . However don’t quote me, as not 100% sure!
Scotland have adopted slightly different dates, I assume for presentational purposes:
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/scotland-lockdown-roadmap-rules-b1813862.html
Schools went back a fortnight ago.
Wales: https://inews.co.uk/news/uk/wales-l...-long-rules-review-update-announcement-879155
Looks like the first step there, if the data allow, will be taken "before Easter" so likely on 29 Mar, as in England.
@mjr - Picking me up on the use of 'UK' when the date I gave was for 'England' is a lovely example of "terrier-like chasing of the weaknesses and incongruities of everything [you] read". Perfectly correct but adds no value.

Last edited:
Who am I to judge whether @shep's daughter's school headmaster's judgement was correct or not? I'll leave that to them and the local vaccination organisation. You don't know the detail; I don't; and probably @shep doesn't have a full insight to the detail of various pupils' vulnerabilities (and if he does, it's not for sharing).
In other news:
* schools have opened up again,
*a person (each) can visit their aged relative/friend in care homes,
* the UK will take the first of 4 steps reducing restrictions on 29 Mar, within 30 days [Edit: after error inferred]
* the number in UK hospitals with a positive C19 test has dropped below 10,000 for the first time since 25 Oct,
* the number of daily new cases is 10% of the January peak (number of tests is 20% higher than then btw),
* the vaccination programme is rattling on, with vaccine hesitancy low, and a supply surge from next weekend,
* I got a nice ride in today's sunshine, and later sorted a 'noisy' rear hub (cone was pitted).

You're right there pal, sorry you've been dragged into it, the conversation went something like this...
Daughter "having the jab Friday "

Dad "how come?"

Daughter "head of early yrs told us to go on line and book one, she's wrote us all a letter explaining we work with vulnerable kid's and if asked show them".

Dad "nice one".

Wish I hadn't bothered. 🙄

Top Bottom