Coronavirus outbreak

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

lazybloke

Considering a new username
The nuts side of my family basically disowned anyone who has been vaccinated, my sister, mother brother as they have been vaccinated, my wife was removed from all social media as she is vaccinated and as a nurse she is a government puppet.

A quote from my aunt " You chose your side"

She then cries and complains that this situations is creating divides? lol no people like you are.

I said good riddance, I said the false truths and anti mask slogans you spread are the reason others get sick and this illness spreads, my aunt has taken to going into stores un-masked so when she is challenged she creates a scene, so basically gives some poor shop keeper or a kid making some money in a store grief, this is someone who is meant to be a grown adult.

I said their whole theory to me reeks of people throwing their rattle out the pram as they have been asked to do things they don't agree with for the good of others, basically amounts to entitled human trash.
Why does the aunt see it as a matter of taking sides; did you wife try to engage in a social media "discussion"?
What's the saying - "never argue with an idiot , they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience"!

Sad for your wife, but you can do without crazy argumentative people in your life; saying "good riddance" might be the best option.

Johnno260

Veteran
Why does the aunt see it as a matter of taking sides; did you wife try to engage in a social media "discussion"?
What's the saying - "never argue with an idiot , they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience"!

Sad for your wife, but you can do without crazy argumentative people in your life; saying "good riddance" might be the best option.

In all fairness to my wife she hasn't posted anything on social media about the Covid situation, she was just trying to say happy birthday to my aunt when she noticed she wasn't a friend any longer but also blocked, my other family members who have been vaccinated said the same thing, so when the question was asked it was a case of her saying they picked their side, whatever that's supposed to mean.

I'm not blocked/removed and I'm the one who called them out on their posts and behavior the most, some of what they have said is down right dangerous, even posting things to say in court to try and evade being charged with Covid fines.

I have pretty much given up engaging directly, but I do report some of the utter trash they post, a good chunk of what I report is blocked/removed.

But in all fairness I won't miss their behavior and entitlement at all, I think it's a tragic state to be in.

My aunt still takes the mickey out of me when I retorted on her nano tracker in the vaccine comments, I said coming from the person who is worried about being tracked, yet owns a smartphone, GPS smart watch, and uses google, she didn't get my comment and laughs and says what have these things got to do with being tracked, I mean how can you argue/educate that level of stupid?

lazybloke

Considering a new username
The aunt sounds like a crackpot, just ignore/block as appropriate
I'll agree with that. Some people are just too toxic to have in your life. We tried for many years to accommodate the mood swings and unreasonable behaviour of my brother-in-law. It was such a relief when he eventually decided to break off all contact.

Don't think I could have coped if he'd been an antivaxxer too.

DRM

Guru
And how stupid are we for allowing it.
Exactly, the first plane here from India should be refueled and sent straight back

Top Bottom