Coronavirus outbreak

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Bojo's just announced PCR testing for all entrants to UK and isolate until clear

Also mask wearing back for shops and public transport.

Last edited:

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
Looks like this new variant has got them worried.

fossyant

Looks like this new variant has got them worried.

Given the number of infected people arriving on recent flights, no surprise then.

Just how will we know it's the new variant as they don't usually test the variant - I assume they will introduce this with all PCR's as any close contacts are to isolate.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
Pubs are avoidable, shops - for most people - are not.
Yes, but the pubgoers go to shops as well.

vickster

Legendary Member
Given the number of infected people arriving on recent flights, no surprise then.

Just how will we know it's the new variant as they don't usually test the variant - I assume they will introduce this with all PCR's as any close contacts are to isolate.
Apparently… an S-gene dropout) in the standard tests and that can be used to track the variant without doing a full genetic analysis

midlife

Guru
From what I have read it's maybe not more lethal than delta but transmission is increased (even in double jabbed) and could evade vaccine / immunity. I thought they might have gone a bit further given the potential for Omicron to do the above.

fossyant

Unfortunately, those that have had the jabs may catch it, won't be really ill, but more and more chance for this to badly affect un-vaccinated. And, of course, poses a greater risk of catching it to those vaxxed but with weakened immune systems/other life threattening illnesses (e.g. poor CV health).

I can see Nursing Home visits being difficult again.

• Hugs
Reactions: mjr
Top Bottom