Coronavirus outbreak

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
My local borough is now at the highest infection rate that it's ever been. Zoe's showing 22,704 cases (previous highest: 22,360 on 8/01/22.) Also showing almost 4.5 million active symptomatic cases. Good job it's gone away....

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
You can never have too much dearth.
I was going to reply that no-one ever talks of more or less dearth, but...!

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
who said it had gone away?
The government doctrine of ''Living with Covid'' has led to a large majority of people behaving as though it has gone away. While hospital admissions and deaths continue to rise.

in "the states" we are seeing increasing #s of kids in school testing positive & staying out. despite my own suspicious flu like symptoms & in the Teachers in our Family, Wifey & Daughter, we all continue to test negative. can't wait to go back to my retail job next week where I am face-to-face w/ hundreds of strangers per shift ... *cough* *cough*. I might just keep a mask in my pocket for those close-talkers ...

midlife

Guru
Infections here seem to have peaked at about 1000 per 100,000. Hospital admissions doubled from about 30 to 60 ish and from nil deaths at the beginning of the month I think there were 2 last week.

LFT testing from today down to 2 times a week and not every day, if someone in the household has it then come into work if LFT negative. No PCR tests unless on the wards etc.

Top Bottom