Coronavirus outbreak

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Julia9054

Guru
Let us assume that the figure of a 22% increase in deaths in the 5 - 11 year old age group is genuine (I have searched for this statistic and cannot find it anywhere)
I have looked at the ons childhood deaths figures available on the web. The age group from ons is 5 - 9 years.
The last publicly available year is 2020 where there were 194 deaths in England and Wales. 22% of this figure is 43 deaths.
The pattern of deaths in the previous 10 years shows a general slight downward trend but varies up and down each year with the highest number of deaths for the 10 year period being 270 deaths in 2017.
There has been more than a 22% increase in deaths over the 2020 figure in 7 out of the previous 10 years.
An extra 43 deaths over and above the figure for 2020, brings us to 237. Very similar to the figure for 2019 of 232 deaths.

Last edited:

Milzy

Guru
@Milzy - the MP quoted stuff which was factually incorrect. Please try to research this yourself with a bit of diligence before posting.
Mod Edit: the factually incorrect post has now been deleted.
https://fullfact.org/health/vaccine-safety-westminster-debate/
"This is misleading.The German health ministry did mistakenly tweet, with reference to the Paul Ehrlich Institute, that one in 5,000 people had been affected by a serious side effect following a Covid-19 vaccine earlier this year. But it then deleted that tweet and later clarified that the reports weren’t known to be caused by the vaccine, just that they had happened afterwards."
Edited to add: MHRA (3 Nov): "The benefits of the vaccines in preventing COVID-19 and serious complications associated with COVID-19 far outweigh any currently known side effects in the majority of patients." "Our ongoing review of suspected adverse events [since autumn booster campaign start] has not revealed any new safety concerns."
https://www.gov.uk/government/publi...irus-vaccine-summary-of-yellow-card-reporting

Could there not be any slight chance of a cover up going on? Why are people banging on about this died suddenly stuff?

Ajax Bay

Guru
https://fullfact.org/health/vaccine-safety-westminster-debate/
"This is misleading.The German health ministry did mistakenly tweet, with reference to the Paul Ehrlich Institute, that one in 5,000 people had been affected by a serious side effect following a Covid-19 vaccine earlier this year. But it then deleted that tweet and later clarified that the reports weren’t known to be caused by the vaccine, just that they had happened afterwards."
MP repeating this (petition debate) was https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christopher_Chope (have a read!)
Let us assume that the figure of a 22% increase in deaths in the 5 - 11 year old age group is genuine (I have searched for this statistic and cannot find it anywhere)
@Julia9054 If you look at the link I shared early, this 22% was fake news (correlation not causation), a mis-speak from the German MoH (in a tweet, deleted and clarified shortly after) - I had posted the factcheck text. Having said that, I like your analysis.
Not sure I think that a recording of an MP speaking in Parliament (WH) should be deleted (by the mods) as 'false news' though. Lots of people have had side effects associated with vaccination. Since the number of vaccine doses given in UK is 9 figures, that's not surprising. There is a good reporting system (yellow card).
Stop trolling @Milzy; add value.

Last edited:
Could there not be any slight chance of a cover up going on? Why are people banging on about this died suddenly stuff?
1. No, really not to any significant degree. Not in the 'western' world, anyhow. Information coming out of China is ...different.
2. Why? For all sorts of reasons, vanishingly-rarely good ones. There are, I believe, many good people who are misled by other, less-good people, with agendas of their own, into 'banging on' about it.

Can you give us more detail about any particular concerns of yours?

Milzy

Guru
1. No, really not to any significant degree. Not in the 'western' world, anyhow. Information coming out of China is ...different.
2. Why? For all sorts of reasons, vanishingly-rarely good ones. There are, I believe, many good people who are misled by other, less-good people, with agendas of their own, into 'banging on' about it.

Can you give us more detail about any particular concerns of yours?

I have a lot of concerns but life is too short. My mate Colin has had 4 & he’s fit as a fiddle so I’ll use him as a lab rat. I’m not drinking the koolaide of conspiracy theorists as long as old Colin keeps running & riding his bike. He never gets unwell and has to pretend he is sometimes to get time off work.

lazybloke

Considering a new username
Slightly annoying to arrive at a covid vax centre on Saturday lunchtime and find the staff have packed up and gone home, particularly as I had a confirmed booking for a person with a clinical vulnerability.

One staff member was still locking up - obviously unable to offer jabs.
Also unable to offer an explanation or apology! Not impressed.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Slightly annoying to arrive at a covid vax centre on Saturday lunchtime and find the staff have packed up and gone home, particularly as I had a confirmed booking for a person with a clinical vulnerability.

Some vax centres seem to have little connection with or interest in what the booking system is booking.

lazybloke

Considering a new username

Rebooked on a schoolday which means missing a couple of lessons.
She was very keen to miss RE; chip off the old block.

Hands up who didn't try to get off RI: (was "instruction" not "education" for us)? :laugh:

Hand up here!

I was fortunate enough to have an interesting, entertaining and excellent RI teacher for a great many years; he was a Welsh methodist minister (in a C of E grammar school in Cheshire) and despite its name it was definitely more education rather than mere instruction. As 11 and 12 year olds, it was indeed instruction - about different religions and the basic tenets of different beliefs, both current and historical - and as we got older it gradually became more of a philosophy and ethics class with politics and current affairs thrown in when appropriate.
Mind you I don't know what the O level RE class studied, I wasn't doing it for O level but it was compulsory nevertheless, and led into the (also compulsory) General Studies we had to do in 6th form.

Ajax Bay

Guru
UK HSA Summary - SARS-CoV-2 variants (updated 1 Nov, my precis)
Variant surveillance analyses - data cut-off 24 Oct
During recent peak, the variants present were BA.5 sub-lineages and some mutations. Potential for these: BQ.1 (and sub-lineages), XBB and other similar lineages to cause a further near-term increase in transmission. BA.5 (incl sub-lineages) remains dominant: >75% of all sequenced samples.
BQ.1 (V-22OCT-01) is a BA.5 sub-lineage . . . has been designated as a variant on the basis of rapid growth [not just in UK]. XBB (V-22OCT-02) . . . designated a variant based on the significant number mutations and rapid growth in Singapore: 1,086 samples worldwide (639 Singapore, 18 UK).
1668451304001.png

Me and mrs roadrash went to my lads parents evening at school , he was 15 at the time , one teacher asked how long we had been jehovas witnesses, obviously I said , we arent , he told them he was jehovas witness to get out of doing R.E, .............10/10 for effort

LOL! A boy at my school went to the headmaster when he started (the family had moved in from another area) and said 'don't tell my parents but I'm NOT a JW and I want to do RI' and drama and all the other forbidden subjects.
Of course this wouldn't have succeeded nowadays with social media ... sad really.

Top Bottom