Coronavirus outbreak

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

FishFright

More wheels than sense
I’m sorry to hear this. That’s the thing with my beliefs on covid. No matter how many boosters you may have if you’re vulnerable enough it will still be ultimately destructive. I just think young fit people have had 3 or 4 for nothing. Why are people allowed to believe in different gods but I can’t believe the vaccines didn’t perform as good as they told us.
😔

That's the rub, you believe something that's not true and science finds things that are. You'll never beat science with beliefs.

Milzy

Guru
That's the rub, you believe something that's not true and science finds things that are. You'll never beat science with beliefs.

Science at least some parts of it are constantly evolving. There’s evidence of an advanced civilisation which was wiped out by comet fragments. Archeological folks are denying it though. Nobody really knows how they constructed the pyramids with excellent engineering accuracy & how they got to line them all up with other pyramids.
Regardless it’s been a good debate, with only a few things censored.

FishFright

More wheels than sense
Science at least some parts of it are constantly evolving. There’s evidence of an advanced civilisation which was wiped out by comet fragments. Archeological folks are denying it though. Nobody really knows how they constructed the pyramids with excellent engineering accuracy & how they got to line them all up with other pyramids.
Regardless it’s been a good debate, with only a few things censored.

Now I really know you're just trolling for kicks .

BTW We've known for decades how all the pyramids around the world were built because its the simplest stable structure . There was no magic or ufo's or anything like that .

Alex321

Veteran
I’m sorry to hear this. That’s the thing with my beliefs on covid. No matter how many boosters you may have if you’re vulnerable enough it will still be ultimately destructive. I just think young fit people have had 3 or 4 for nothing. Why are people allowed to believe in different gods but I can’t believe the vaccines didn’t perform as good as they told us.
😔

Because there is no scientific evidence for any god, while there is PLENTY of scientific evidence showing the effectiveness of the vaccines.

Milzy

Guru
Now I really know you're just trolling for kicks .

BTW We've known for decades how all the pyramids around the world were built because its the simplest stable structure . There was no magic or ufo's or anything like that .
The stone was quarried many miles away. How did they get those huge blocks so far away and how did they lift them up? We’re living in an age were all these gate keepers will die off & the younger generations will re-write some of our history.

FishFright

More wheels than sense
The stone was quarried many miles away. How did they get those huge blocks so far away and how did they lift them up? We’re living in an age were all these gate keepers will die off & the younger generations will re-write some of our history.

Earthen ramps, wooden rollers and the farmers during the flood season providing the labour.
It's really that simple.

Do you watch Ancient Aliens and think it's a factual program?

Ajax Bay

Guru
Risk of not having vaccinations in children is way over shadowed by the risk of not having one. Do we really want to be in place that has children dying of preventable illness ?
Care to share an authoritative link? How much (least - most estimates of the odds ratio relationship) is that 'over shadowing?
There are risks associated with any and every medical intervention. If you think that the risks of covid vaccine are greater than the risks of covid...[then . . .]
The balance of benefit for younger otherwise healthy children is far less clear cut - and the JCVI 'non-urgent offer' reflects this.

"Children aged 5 to 11 years who are not in a COVID-19 clinical risk group are at extremely low risk of developing severe COVID-19 disease.
"over 85% (estimate by end Jan 22) of all children aged 5 to 11 will have had prior SARS-CoV-2 infection (half to Omicron). Natural immunity arising from prior infection will contribute towards protection against future infection and severe disease.
"Vaccination of children aged 5 to 11 who are not in a clinical risk group is anticipated to prevent a small number of hospitalisations and intensive care admissions in this population and would provide short-term protection against non-severe infection (asymptomatic and symptomatic infection that does not require hospital-based care). The extent of these impacts is highly uncertain. They are closely related to future levels of infection in the population . . .
"The potential benefits from vaccination of children aged 5 to 11 who are not in a clinical risk group will apply mainly to a future wave of infection; the more severe a future wave, the greater the likely benefits from vaccination. Conversely, the less severe a future wave, the smaller the likely benefits from vaccination."
Less severe future wave**Number needed to vaccinate to prevent 1 hospitalisation due to acute COVID-1958,000
The risks associated with the vaccine are present but minimal. The risks associated with NOT being vaccinated are orders of magnitude higher.
Absolutely, read across the population as a whole the odds ratio is convincing (we are immensely in debt to the scientists and pharmaceutical companies for discovering, testing and manufacturing at scale the vaccines ), but for young children (U12) not sure they are "an order of magnitude higher" - care to share a quantative authoritative link?
No matter how many boosters you may have if you’re vulnerable enough it will still be ultimately destructive. I just think young fit people have had 3 or 4 for nothing. Why are people allowed to believe in different gods but I can’t believe the vaccines didn’t perform as good as they told us.
No, if someone who is 'vulnerable enough' (your phrase) has their boosters, they are far less likely to suffer serious illness (than if they didn't get vaccinated/boosted). But the younger they are, there's an increasingly lower risk of serious illness in the first place.
Very few 'young people' (in UK) have had 4 doses: it's mainly available to over 50s: why? Because they are more likely to suffer serious illness if infected: boosters maintain that %age protection.
You are, of course, allowed to believe what you like about the benefits (or none) of vaccination, but sharing that belief especially in terms which seem at variance with available knowledge is bound to invite others to explain why your belief is ill-founded or confused.

Last edited:

Alex321

Veteran
Absolutely, read across the population as a whole the odds ratio is convincing (we are immensely in debt to the scientists and pharmaceutical companies for discovering, testing and manufacturing at scale the vaccines ), but for young children (U12) not sure they are "an order of magnitude higher" - care to share a quantative authoritative link?
I don't know whether they are. I was talking about the population as a whole there, in response to a post from our resident conspiracy theorist which wasn't about children.

Ajax Bay

Guru
Not a bit suspect, hilariously suspect more like.
Be honest, you picked that for giggles knowing it would get a reaction?
We (I) have @Milzy to thank for exposure to these facts. I liked this one:
"Australia is also suffering through an excess death apocalypse as fully injected residents are now dropping dead, seemingly without cause. In the year 2022 up through June 30, nearly 100,000 Aussies who fully took all the shots are now fully dead."
Facts:
1) 96% of Australians (O/16) have had at least two doses.
2) 171,469 deaths in 2021, so about 85k in 6 months (in 2021)
3) 93k deaths Jan-Jul 2022 - 17% above historical average. Deaths due to COVID-19 are running at about 1000 a month, vast majority vaccinated (see Fact (1) above). Two key causes for these excess deaths seem to be 'dementia' and diabetes.
4) 96% of these sadly dying (all causes) had "fully [taken] all the shots are now fully dead": about 89k (death rate of U/16 minimal).
4) I shall guess that the author of the 'shock apocalypse assertion' I quoted reckons 89k is "nearly 100,000".

Milzy

Guru
We (I) have @Milzy to thank for exposure to these facts. I liked this one:
"Australia is also suffering through an excess death apocalypse as fully injected residents are now dropping dead, seemingly without cause. In the year 2022 up through June 30, nearly 100,000 Aussies who fully took all the shots are now fully dead."
Facts:
1) 96% of Australians (O/16) have had at least two doses.
2) 171,469 deaths in 2021, so about 85k in 6 months (in 2021)
3) 93k deaths Jan-Jul 2022 - 17% above historical average. Deaths due to COVID-19 are running at about 1000 a month, vast majority vaccinated (see Fact (1) above). Two key causes for these excess deaths seem to be 'dementia' and diabetes.
4) 96% of these sadly dying (all causes) had "fully [taken] all the shots are now fully dead": about 89k (death rate of U/16 minimal).
4) I shall guess that the author of the 'shock apocalypse assertion' I quoted reckons 89k is "nearly 100,000".

There’s another one like this claiming miscarriages now up by 1500%. What’s their narrative? Why are they so hell bent on misinformation. I’m seeing this type of stuff more and more now.

FishFright

More wheels than sense
There’s another one like this claiming miscarriages now up by 1500%. What’s their narrative? Why are they so hell bent on misinformation. I’m seeing this type of stuff more and more now.

It's total rubbish designed to show you adverts . The bigger the lie the more clicks .

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Earthen ramps, wooden rollers and the farmers during the flood season providing the labour.
It's really that simple.

Do you watch Ancient Aliens and think it's a factual program?

There was a guy some years ago who wrote a series of books "proving" that aliens were involved in the Aztec Empire. He had photographs taken from the air showing probable landing strips in the Amazonian jungle I think.
He was very persuasive and calm in his writings but I cannot remember his name. Must search a bit further.

Top Bottom