Coronavirus outbreak

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
Here you go - hope this clarifies it
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-52034586

"But Michael Gove, the Cabinet Office minister, told ITV only construction workers doing jobs "critical to the economy" should go in.
He added that builders should not be going into people's homes."

I think that this argument is going around in circles and heading nowhere tbh.

The ruling is currently that you can go to work if you cannot do the work at home and subject to the work being carried out with the 2m restriction in place.

This enables many small businesses to keep going (helps generate some tax to pay for the support package plus reduces payout from the package in the first place).

I can see no reason why gardeners, landscapers, roofers, scaffolders, painters (exterior) etc should be restricted from working if they are compliant with the 2m rule - they are outside workers who often have minimal/zero contact with their customers on a daily basis.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
The initial statement from BJ said only go to work if absolutely necessary.
which is not what you kept posting. You seemed to have conflated it with something about key workers.

I think that this argument is going around in circles and heading nowhere tbh.

The ruling is currently that you can go to work if you cannot do the work at home and subject to the work being carried out with the 2m restriction in place.

This enables many small businesses to keep going (helps generate some tax to pay for the support package plus reduces payout from the package in the first place).

I can see no reason why gardeners, landscapers, roofers, scaffolders, painters (exterior) etc should be restricted from working if they are compliant with the 2m rule - they are outside workers who often have minimal/zero contact with their customers on a daily basis.

Tell Michael Gove that then.

Because of the inhaler I take I can't ride my bike - I don't agree with it - but will abide by it.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
3500.jpg

Saluki

World class procrastinator
I went to work this morning, grabbed my laptop, drove to site, got my screen, teabags (priorities) and the outstanding paperwork on my desk. I have borrowed a scanner from a friend and ready to work from home.

I would have worked this afternoon but open reach was faddling about as there appeared to be a large problem with our nearby cabinet. No network for an hour, he told us. I took the opportunity for a ride. I have also braved Morrison’s and filled my freezer. I need no shopping for a fortnight at least, except milk. I got the last one.

vickster

Legendary Member
Here you go - hope this clarifies it
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-52034586

"But Michael Gove, the Cabinet Office minister, told ITV only construction workers doing jobs "critical to the economy" should go in.
He added that builders should not be going into people's homes."
There is a Q&A on BBC right now, maybe watch it, they've just been talking about this. I think on iPlayer you can go back to the start 👍 Workmen can go into a home for repairs and maintenance but they must maintain the 2m distance

And reread the link that has been posted multiple times on the forum :smile: I'd take that over the BBC website and Gove on the ITV news

Last edited:
Top Bottom