Coronavirus outbreak

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
This is dangerous fake news. It is patently untrue. My son works on a Covid ward at a London hospital and I can tell you, ICUs are full to capacity. I don't know your motivation for posting this rubbish but please stop. Your lies are causing harm.
I work at a hospital - not frontline - the feedback I get is pretty much as above ICUs are full.

I know a 54 year old - who spent 10 days in ICU - with that sort of turn around - there obviously aren't going to be enough ICU beds

I wish it were different - but it isn't.

Pete.

Last edited by a moderator:

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
Greater Manchester Police has warned people not to breach lockdown rules over Easter after it had to break up 660 parties last weekend.

Chief Constable Ian Hopkins said "each and every one of us need take this seriously".

There were 1,132 coronavirus-related breaches reported between Saturday and Tuesday, the force said.

That included 494 house parties - some with DJs, fireworks and bouncy castles - and 166 street parties.

One woman in Bury became the first person in Greater Manchester to be charged under the Coronavirus Act 2020 after police had to repeatedly shut down one of the parties.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-52221688

what.gif

lane

Veteran
Yet another interesting stat from NHS UK
According to it at any given time 75 to 80% of all ICU beds is occupied
Going up to 87% during severe seasons
https://www.england.nhs.uk/statisti...and-urgent-operations-cancelled-2019-20-data/

We have a lot more beds than "at any (other) given time"

Eziemnaik

Über Member
What is the current nr?
Genuinely curious, if that also includes the staff to run this extra capacity

Last edited:

Stephenite

Membå
Some figures from Norway.

The first graph shows total number inpatients with covid-19.

The second graph shows total number inpatients with covid-19 on respirators.

BoldonLad

Not part of the Elite
In at 6am, been a spike in figures but I forgot to take a note, will post them tomorrow. No change apart from all staff now wearing eye protection when around any patients, as well as masks and gloves.

The vast majority of confirmed critical cases seem to be of two categories, elderly people (75+) who were likely on their way soonish, for one reason or another. Then middle aged cases, it's very sad but every one of these I have seen, male or female, has been obese.
Yes, figures quoted on BBC suggested that 70% of those who “progressed” to ventilator were clinically obese.

Top Bottom