Coronavirus outbreak

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

lane

Veteran
According to the people on the front line at several large hospitals the morgues and ICUs aren’t “overflowing” ( quite the opposite is true ) , in fact they are reporting that there’s no real need for the ‘Nightingale hospitals’ as things stand, as the flow of patients is not that severe at present ( which was the original primary idea of the lockdown measures) that is just about the worst bit of unjustified rubbish that’s been spouted on here so far.

This whole discussion is based around 1 study which is very much an outlier and contradicts all other scientific thinking, the advice of the world health organisation and the thinking in virtually every other country in the world with most developed economies in some sort of lock down. It also contradicts common sense and what we can clearly see happening around us. I mean it's not quite as bad as thinking 5G masts are causing the virus but to be honest it's on those lines. Obviously you are free to think what you want.

Johnno260

Veteran
I have seen reports it is a significant factor but most likely I would guess due to linked conditions.

I would be shocked if obesity wasn’t a factor, these people will have a circulatory system that has to work a little harder also respiratory would be affected too.

it’s makes a lot of sense, also I would like to know if people with no underlying health issues were smokers as I think that has relevance.

Really because here in the west Midlands they are predicting to be out of capacity by this weekend.

Wots you're overall beef with this ? - do you run a business that's going to go bump during the lockdown ?

The general theme of you're posts seem to be that this is greatly exaggerated or not even happening at all.

Pete.
It is exaggerated, personally I’ve not really been inconvenienced ( other than a couple of tours having to be postponed ) and my life is not greatly different to how it was before all this kicked off. I’d rather it didn’t change any more, because of any misguided panicking, or incompetence from the ‘great white chiefs’. There are places that can be referenced, to see how it should be done, we aren’t doing those things, and it’s causing unnecessary problems. The more hand wringing occurs, the worse it gets. I used to live in a country where things like this were handled in a much better fashion, I despair of the wet wipes that are seemingly sharing my air of late.

According to the people on the front line at several large hospitals the morgues and ICUs aren’t “overflowing” ( quite the opposite is true ) , in fact they are reporting that there’s no real need for the ‘Nightingale hospitals’ as things stand, as the flow of patients is not that severe at present ( which was the original primary idea of the lockdown measures) that is just about the worst bit of unjustified rubbish that’s been spouted on here so far. You have to remember that the ICU system is not a closed system, people go in, they recover ( or die ) they then come out of the unit, and that place is vacant again. It’s all about managing the flow / throughput ( or was until the handwringers managed to change the agenda).

You are the acknowledged expert at spouting unjustified rubbish, so forgive me if I treat your posts with the seriousness they deserve. smiley-face-yawning.gif

Last edited:

roubaixtuesday

self serving virtue signaller
According to the people on the front line at several large hospitals the morgues and ICUs aren’t “overflowing” ( quite the opposite is true ) , in fact they are reporting that there’s no real need for the ‘Nightingale hospitals’ as things stand, as the flow of patients is not that severe at present ( which was the original primary idea of the lockdown measures) that is just about the worst bit of unjustified rubbish that’s been spouted on here so far. You have to remember that the ICU system is not a closed system, people go in, they recover ( or die ) they then come out of the unit, and that place is vacant again. It’s all about managing the flow / throughput ( or was until the handwringers managed to change the agenda).

More unsourced assertions at odds with all the experts.

I'm not surprised.

Rocky

Hello decadence
This is dangerous fake news. It is patently untrue. My son works on a Covid ward at a London hospital and I can tell you, ICUs are full to capacity. I don't know your motivation for posting this rubbish but please stop.

Last edited by a moderator:

vickster

Legendary Member
Interestingly enough the difference here early on was 57% male to 43% female. Since then it has evened out, and the position at midnight last night was a somewhat familiar figure of 52% male and 48% female.

I wonder if nearer the beginning women (sensibly) took the restrictions of social distancing and hand washing more seriously than men did.
More Male skiers coming back from the Italian Alps? This would appear to be what happened based on a report I heard to start the outbreak in Germany. Young hitherto healthy adults who have unfortunately spread the disease to more vulnerable Germans? Another potential reason for the relatively low death rate (thus far)

winjim

Smash the cistern
Please stop trolling. It's annoying at the best of times but this is literally a life and death situation.

Top Bottom